Chapter 51

This is just a short chapter (didn't want to leave you hanging)

Ashley's POV

The credits roll down the screen and I'm suddenly shoved back to reality. My eyes adjust to the new bright lights shining above us.

"That was some good shit" Troye jokes making Jenn and Connor laugh. I guess he doesn't miss the fact that I don't even react.

"Ashley?"

My head swings around quickly as I focus on Troye. I've never seen him so concerned before.

"Ashley, tell us what's wrong please. Look; me and Connor know that you've had a lot on your plate recently. We know everything that's happened between you and Joe don't worry. Just tell us what's wrong. Please" Jenn begs.

I can see her eyes water a little.

I nod my head and look around hastily to make sure no ones listening.

"He doesn't want to be with me anymore. Because of this" I lift my phone, showing them the picture my internet friend dm'd me.

Connors expression softens as he looks over to Troye.

"Ashley... were going to enjoy ourselves today. You can forget about him for one night, yeah?"

I hesitate before lightly nodding my head.

What am I getting myself into. To be honest I don't really want to know. Especially since, they've taken me out before and brought me back home pretty much unconscious many times. Oh whatever. I need this.

I stand up and look over at Oli 5 rows ahead. He gives me a questioning look. I shake my head and ignore him. I wish someone would just tell me what's happening. I don't care who it comes from, I just need to stop overthinking this. It's killing me.

Troye nods his head at Connor while Jenn takes my hand as my manager had done a while ago; dragging me through the multiple red, traditional seats. Troye and Connor lead but Marcus suddenly appears in front of Troye, confronting him.

They mutter something to eachother and simultaneously turn my way. Troye nods his head and try's to walk forward but is stopped with the strong force of Marcus' hand to his chest.

"Are you crazy?" Marcus growls.

"You're crazy if you think she won't find out Marcus. Better get Joe to say something quick because we're forgetting all of this tonight when we go to the club down the road and no one knows what Ashley may do when she's angry and doesn't give a shit. Especially when some cute guy starts asking her for her number, so I suggest you think of something fast" Troye hisses back. Anger radiates off of him. I've never seen him so pissed off before. His voice is much more audible attracting the attention of Caspar, Oli, Jack and Conor.

They look towards eachother and back to me. I roll my eyes and push my way past Troye and Connor, now pulling Jenn instead. I strut my way out the door because I quite frankly don't care anymore.

I wake up with a pounding headache. The light shining through the wooden blinds evokes a soaring pain through my head also.

I sit up pulling my white shirt down. My blue skinny jeans stick to my skin as I pull the covers off my stiff body. What the hell happened? In the corner of my eye I see something lying on my bed. A figure of some sort clinging on to the covers.

I whip my head around startled.

I let out a sigh of relief when I notice that it's only a pillow snuggled in between the two duvets I must have pulled out of my wardrobe the night before.

Taking in my surroundings, I notice that I'm in my room. Alone. Suddenly, I'm hit with a surge of emotions; a wave of memories of the night before. All the drama going on with me and Joe. Meeting some guy at the bar called Tyler. Troye and Connor carrying me home. Jenn screaming down the road at Joe. Everything.

(Flashback)

"Jenn just let me talk to her!"

"You think she's going to want to talk to you? After you decided to lie to her face? After you told her you loved her and then ran away with another girl, thinking she wouldn't notice? She's the smartest, most intellectual person I know Joe. The fact that you thought she wouldn't find out is insulting. How dare you break her heart? Maybe she does deserve better" Jenn spat.

"What?! You don't know the full story! How dare you say that!" Joe yells back.

I look over Troyes shoulder as he shakily heaves me across the cemented pathway. He attempts to hold Connor, in his drunken state but he keeps slipping out of his grip. I notice them lock eyes from the corner my vision and haul myself out of Troyes firm hold.

Troye sends me a confused look and watches as I stroll over to Joe. He holds Connor up as he observes the situation unfold in front of his eyes.

"Who is she Joe?" I ask straight up.

His expression softens and hurt streams across his face.

"No oh my god Ashley. It's not what you think I promise. I did what I did for yo-"

And without listening to the end of his sentence; I black out. My eyes rest and the frown I held is relieved from its position on my face.

The last thing I remember is Joe's firm grasp wrap around my body. And the familiar scent of his aftershave spreads across my senses. His protective arms felt new and exciting but familiar at the same time. Every emotion possible rushes back to my body and all of a sudden...

I feel at home.

I hope you're all enjoying this!!!! Remember to keep voting and commenting! It means a lot to know how much you enjoy my story ☺️

Again, thanks for reading x