Graduation Part 2

Hello everyone its been a while. Sorry for not updating new chapters I had a lot of homework and projects to do. AP classes are killing me...rip GPA ;-;

Here is Graduation part 2!

~~~

Your heartbeat seemed to be having some heated up race with the unstoppable, rabid thoughts inside your mind. Sweat rolled down your forehead in what seemed to be waves to you, and for a second you worried about just how messy you might look at the moment, but the thought was brutally swept away by way much bigger anxieties. Your eyes kept running from the screen where the flights were displayed to the maddening little hands of your ticking watch. The speakers had announced his plane had a thirty minutes delay...but it felt like hours had went by since the minute you arrived, and he still wasn't there.

Time flies, right? For you it didn't.

The last two years had been long and dreary, eternal, a constant state of stress you couldn't pull away from. Gaining a reputation as a hero was a hard thing to do, whenever a tough villain appeared you never were the only amateur there to the rescue, every other youngster in the area would give it a try. And even though you were surely more talented than most of them, the credit was always rationed.

Your friends, both from UA and middle school, were always busy with work, family and, in the worst case, a couple. Apparently, as soon as Shoto left everyone you knew was suddenly dating someone, and they didn't seem to notice they were basically rubbing the fact on your face. You spend way too much time alone, the few moments when you could take a breath from hero work were usually wasted in the loneliness of your room, calling every contact in your phone trying to find someone to hang out with, only to be informed over and over again your schedules were incompatible.

And each second in between your duties, maybe while running from one battle to another, or as you waited for your coffee to cool in the mornings, or even when you couldn't sleep...each of those moments you checked your phone for Shoto's texts.

If you were busy, well, he was 10 times busier. He spent all of his mornings training, his afternoons working as a hero, and as soon as the sun came down he was physically destroyed to the point he sometimes didn't need a bed to fall asleep. Numerous times Endeavor's comrade had found him soundly asleep on the sofa or over the kitchen table, his phone always between his hands, and your chat always open. You knew that he could only use his phone during the night before going to bed, and that if he stopped replying all of a sudden, he had most certainly fallen asleep.

It was hard for you, no matter how many times you told yourself to stay positive, it was almost impossible not to let your hopes down with everyone around you telling you to give up on the relationship already.

"You won't be young forever, [name]! Take the chance now that you are attractive to explore around!"

"You are wasting your time with that guy, he doesn't even answer your texts right away!"

"Open your eyes, it won't be the same once he comes back"

That's what everyone kept saying, and that's what eventually you started telling to yourself.

Your cracking point was during your birthday, the second one you would spend without him, but he had promised to pay you a visit for the occasion. You were ecstatic, of course, it would have been the best possible present! You just wanted to see him again...however, two days before the date, he texted you telling there had been a major hazard in his area, and many people were demanding his help.