Chapter 14- The Cover

A/N AAAAAH! 1K READS?! AH! I honestly thought when I started this book that I wouldn't got more than 100 reads! All of your comments, feedback, votes, and views mean so, so much to me! ILYSM 💋
----------------------------
Severus walked over to where the body of his wife was laying, blinking back the tears. Yes, he know that (Y/N) was alive and well, but the thought that she could've died made him emotional.

'I'm okay, babe,' Severus heard in the back of his mind, 'I'm alive. I still love you.' Severus stood, blinking the tears away and putting on his cold mask again.

"She's dead." He pronounced, now facing the Dark Lord. It was easier for him to look away from his wife. To think about someone else laying there, tied up and faking their death. "I will take her to the Headmaster."

"Good thinking, Severus." Riddle complied. With that, Severus picked (Y/N) up bridal style, her performance flawless once again as her shoulders fall uncomfortably limp as well as her head. He carried her to the apparition point and disappeared to Hogwarts.

Once they were at the border, (Y/N) had woken up and Severus got out a muggle pocket knife to free her from the ropes. Once she was free, she planted a grateful kiss on her husband's lips, flinging her arms around his neck. He held her close and kissed her back with force. When they broke apart, they rested their foreheads together and (E/C) met black.

    "I love you, (Y/N)," started Severus, "You are my world."

    "And I love you more, Severus," said (Y/N), "my knight in shining armor."

    "We'd better get inside. Your grandfather has to hear of your death."

    "Yes. And the fact that you were the one that killed me."

    "Maybe we leave that part out," said Severus, concerned for his safety if Dumbledore found he had purposely (although not willingly) tried to kill his great granddaughter.
"I think my life and more importantly by job would be at risk." (Y/N) laughed at this as they walked hand in hand to the castle. About half way there, Severus continued on as (Y/N) stayed for a couple minutes, making sure that they wouldn't be seen together.

    They both made it to the headmaster's office eventually, and retold the story, skipping over the part in which Severus was the specific person chosen to kill his wife. They got back around to it, and Dumbledore was not pleased.

    "WHAT?!" Dumbledore bellowed.

    "I was chosen specifically by the Dark Lord, sir." Severus countered, "and I gave her an unfailing protection charm, as she did for me."

    "Alright then, Severus. Thanks for the clarification." He got straight to the point, saying, "So how are you going to fake it?"

    (Y/N) finally piped up, "I'm going to continue my life as a student, but no longer a death eater. I will stay here during breaks. No more Hogsmead trips. I will stay confined within the school. I will also need a schedule change to avoid Draco Malfoy. I can easily eat meals in Severus' quarters and avoid him in the hallways, but-"

    "Hold on," Albus interrupted, "why Mr. Malfoy?"

    Severus answered truthfully, "Because Lucius forced him to take the mark."

    "Oh, that poor boy," Albus, "Well I can get you a schedule change, but I can't guarantee complete avoidance."

   "That's okay," (Y/N) assured, "I can manage."

'Are you going to leave me because you're not a Death Eater anymore?' Severus asked his wife mentally.

    'What? I am NOT going to leave you! Please know that! Although our marriage was forced, I still love you. And I don't want to spend my life without you by my side as my husband.' She reassured.

    "Okay, then," Dumbledore started, "off to your chambers. Go on." The couple went on to their rooms, and had an eventful night after the meeting.