--24-- For Leslie

||

Leslie's POV:

I was trying to stay awake on the couch so I could see him walk through the front door. But I was already tired from everything I had done today that I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. So I decided to drink some coffee. After a few sips, I felt wide awake. I returned back to the couch and watched the front door.

"Any second now, and he should be home," I told myself.

He wasn't answering my calls or texts...but his mates would...and they told me everything. They told me they had seen him take some girl to a back room at the club they were at. I already knew what had happened. This has happened more than once. I felt like his friends were more loyal to me than they were to him. Not that it matters, I have had enough of this from him. I was finally going to do it; break up with him.

When I heard his key in the door, I laid on the couch and pretended to be asleep. I shut my eyes just as the door opened.

"L-Leslie?"

Great. He's drunk. Just like the times before. He closed the door and stumbled over to the couch. He reeked of alcohol and it was making me sick.

"L-Leslie, I know you're awake..."

He had put his hands on me and began shaking me. My eyes shot open.

"What was her name this time, Zayn?!" I yelled as I sat up and pushed his hands away from my body.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..."

I shoved him backwards and he tripped over the coffee table.

"Don't play dumb with me, Zayn! Your mates have been telling me what you've been doing. Now what's her name?!"

Zayn stayed on the floor and looked up at me.

"I think it was Holland..."

"You're unbelievable, Zayn. I thought you loved me!"

I started to walk away and that's when I felt his hand clasp around my ankle.

"I do love you, Leslie."

"I find that hard to believe if you cheat on me every weekend."

He let go of my ankle and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Leslie."

"Well, sorry ain't going to work this time, Zayn. You've done this way too many times. It's too late now. You've ruined me. I can't forgive you anymore. And I can't stand to have you in my house anymore..."

He was silent. I turned around to see him with his head in his hands.

"Oh, stop with the waterworks, Zayn. You do this so I feel bad when it's actually you that should feel like the scumbag! You cheated on me! How in the world am I supposed to trust you?!"

He didn't take his head out of his hands. Usually by now he'd be begging me to not leave him. But, he wasn't doing anything.

"I guess you're right, Leslie. You can't trust me...I wouldn't trust me either. My mates hate me for what I do to you and I know they are just waiting for you to finally kick me out so they can come in. I'm a horrible boyfriend and I'm sorry..."

I looked away from him.

"It's too late to apologize, Zayn. I want you out in the morning..."

"In the morning?"

I turned back to Zayn and saw that he no longer had his face in his hands. His eyes were widened.

"I can't let you roam the streets drunk, Zayn. You may not be my boyfriend anymore...but..." I didn't want to say it, but it was true, "I still care about you..."

He slowly got to his feet and headed to my room. I followed him and laid beside him on my bed. He was already asleep as soon as his head had hit the pillow. I slowly reached my hand out and stroked his cheek. That's when I realized it was wet. Unlike the times before, he wouldn't cry real tears...but these ones were.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbled in his sleep.

I sighed.

"And I'm sorry too."

I softly kissed his lips then laid as far away from him as I could only find myself in the morning to be wrapped in his strong arms. My back was to his chest and I felt his lips by my ear.

"Please...please...I want you. I want us to work out," he whispered.

I pretended to still be asleep.

"I'll do anything to gain your trust back, Leslie. We could do couples counseling. Go on a trip...just you and I. You'll have all my attention. You'll have me 24/7. I don't want to leave you. I know I've messed up numerous times and I know you've forgiven me even though I didn't deserve it. You did it because you love me...I know you still do. You may not believe me, but I do love you. I love you and not those girls. I shouldn't have broke your heart the ways that I did. I shouldn't have broken the bond of trust we had between one another..." he pulled me closer to his chest, "But I guess, I screwed up pretty bad this time. At least..." he sighed heavily, "at least I got to hold you in my arms...one last time."

He softly kissed my cheek then slid out of bed.

"Goodbye, Leslie..."

I opened my eyes and quickly sat up just as he reached the door.

"Zayn!"

He stopped and turned towards me.

"Don't go..."

"What? But I thought you--"

"I heard what you said, Zayn. And..." I couldn't believe I was about to do this, "I'm going to give you...one last chance."

He took a step towards my bed and I let out an unsteady breath.

"But I swear, Zayn. You screw up this time...we're done for good. You understand?"

He nodded quickly and took another step towards my bed.

"So, I'm not being kicked out anymore?"

I shook my head no.

"No. Now come here. I'm cold."

He smiled and climbed back onto my bed and pulled me into his arms. This is where I was meant to be.

-----------------------

Sorry for the long wait

-Ari Horan-