One

John walked up to the front door of the small stone house he shared with his friends, he pulled it open to discover darkness, then light flooded the room. He was greeted with cheers of happy birthday. Lily rushed forth to plow into him in embracing celebration only to hit the metal plate under his tunic. She rose, cupping her head, "Ow." Everybody began to laugh as Lily looked angrily at the two onlookers, Grey and Henry, and sassily turned to John, "Happy 21st John ." "Uhhh..... Thanks?"

They sat, telling jokes, spooky stories, and chatting until the night sky loomed overhead. John and Lily now were standing out on the balcony looking up at the stars. "Look, a shooting star!" Lily exclaimed, all of a sudden giddy. "Well," she said, "make a wish!" "Ok, what did you wish for?" "No way mister, if you want to know mine, you have to tell me first!" "I wished the raid never happened. If it hadn't, I would be living with my dad in our house back in Hampstill, but instead I'm here, Hampstill doesn't exist, and we live in a hovel." "But it did, and we are here, that's not so bad. It could be worse. Besides, if it didn't happen, we wouldn't be doing this..." She grasped him and pulled him into a kiss. He didn't fight, he didn't move, all that was running through his mind was we're kissing, she loves me, and I love her! "Ahem," a voice announced the arrival of Henry. "The food's ready lover birds." "HOW LONG WERE YOU WATCHING YOU PERVERT! OH MY..." Lily screamed as she kicked him in the groin and he caved, she then punched him in the nose. He fell unconscious, blood dripping onto the floor.