Home

disclaimer: do not expect a very detailed story, i wrote it just the way i like it. short and direct to the point. i'm still improving you guys haha!

___________

He didn't look the same anymore.

He didn't have the same eyes whenever I glanced at him; it was dull and nonchalant. His nose seemed to be quite bigger now close up, always pointed somewhere else and not directly to where I am. His lips were dry and chapped; maybe it didn't satisfy the kiss I gave him earlier. Nonetheless, he always seem distracted. As if I'm not worthy of his attention but what really got to me was that he looked a lot thinner now, and I thought about all those times of rejected food, cancelled lunch dates and more on his leftovers than what he actually ate.

He didn't look at me the same anymore.

I broke the silence, "What's wrong, Oliver?"

Squeezing his arm, he felt tensed. Instead of getting him to think that I was here to reassure him, I felt like I was doing the exact opposite. Finally, his gaze shifted to mine and I noticed that there were slight bags under his light, brown eyes.

He muttered, "Nothing." Of course.

That wasn't the answer I wanted to hear from him. Of all the people to say that, he wasn't exactly the type. Before, he would tell it straight up if he has a problem but now, it seemed as if that wasn't the only thing he changed about himself. This was the person I have been with exactly five years now and to see him acting like this, it weakens me.

"Oli, I'm here. I can help you. If only you tell me what's wro-"

"Shut up! Please! Just shut up!" He was gripping his hair and his face became flushed, eyes closed. I was silenced by his sudden outburst; I should have expected this to happen seeing that I was the only person who knows him inside out, so instead of letting my anger get the best of me, I sighed and lied down in the middle of the street. I glanced at him and he was still standing where I left him, his back in front of my feet.

"You'll get run over, you know that right?"

"So be it."

The cold evening air blows at us; I slightly shiver and hear light footsteps. In seconds, he was lying beside me, eyes gazed upon us. His eyes burned holes into the night sky as if soaking the moonlight in. The small distance between us made me uncomfortable so I scoot a little closer to him, he didn't move and I was relieved.

"If you could have one wish, what would that be?" That was the question I've been meaning to ask him and it's not just out of curiosity but the fact that, whatever he wanted in the whole world, I would give that to him. It's a cliché line that lovers seem to use often times but it wasn't like that. Oliver saved my life once, it took a lot of guts for someone to do that and for him, I'm willing to take any risk.

"For the world to be a better place just for once."

Now that is the answer I have been longing for. The answer to all of my questions. In that exact moment, I already knew what was troubling him. It's moments of pure bitterness between the people surrounding us versus us. Moments of hatred on our relationship, got called off and spat on. They walked on us, even scraped their shoes wanting to leave a mark but we didn't let them. Instead we cleaned their fingerprints and puked all of the words they choked down our throats. We fought on a battlefield with no weapons on our hands because we weren't the type to fight violence with more violence, so we let them come at us. Let them come, I say and I will show them what tragedy and destruction looks like combined. I will show them that a boy can be with a boy and a girl can be with a girl despite society's standards. Despite the world that kept telling them "No", "The church doesn't agree with this" or our all-time favorite "A man should only be with a woman."

The thoughts vanished immediately inside my head when he began to sob in my neck, I held him carefully as if he was fragile. This is a boy who was troubled, over thinking about every goddamn thing and constantly reminds himself that he is a mistake. Here I am repeating to myself that I can fix the broken, but how could I when the broken does not want to be fixed? When the only person that's worth saving does not want to be saved at all, what do you do?

I say, fight.

Not like fight with him because of his state but fight for him. Fight for him as if he's all you've got, as if he's the only pure thing in this world in dread of protection from all the corrupted human beings. As if a car is about to run over him–

The headlights blinded us at first and everything happened so fast. I gripped his shirt and rolled to the side with him, the horn jarred our ears but the car moved swiftly. Oliver cussed, I just laughed at him until he started laughing along and our stomach ached from everything. I missed this kind of times when we're both together, not caring about anything and everything, it was just the two of us against the world.

I helped him get up to his feet when he asked, "What are we going to do now, Connor?" His eyes were puffy and red, and I can tell that he was tired. "Well, what do you want to do?" I reply.

"We should probably go home, it's late. Actually, it's very very late." I glanced at his watch; it was already 1 in the morning although we weren't worried since our parents trusted us with each other (and not literally be together but it's fine) Everything's fine as long as we're safe and sound (along with the car, of course)

Starting the vehicle, he got to the passenger seat, closed the door and looked at me with faint hope.

"Don't you want to go home?"

"I already am."

____________________

Author's Note (part 2): Once again, I am not a professional writer and i'm still improving. :--) if you guys want to help out then just comment down below!! I can take anything haha 

PS: This story was inspired by two characters of my favorite tv show "How to get away with murder" !!!!1!111!!!!!!!1!!!!! SHOUT OUT TO CONNOR AND OLIVER I LOVE YOU BOTH SO FUCKING MUCH

IF ANYONE WATCHES THAT TV SHOW, COME AND MESSAGE ME LETS FANGIRL TOGETHER AND IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT WELL YOU BETTER START WATCHING AND ILL TELL YOU THAT YOURE GOING TO GET HOOKED AND ITS GOING TO RUIN YOUR LIFE OMG OR BETTER YET DONT WATCH THAT

Lastly, thanks for reading my story! :-) xx