Chapter # 1

I have a long history which I share with many people . I was born and raised in India. Not many people know me in UAE but they sure do in India . I bet if Asif was here with me I wouldn't have felt this lonely ... he would comfort me . Like all girls do I did dream of a charming person in my life . All I wanted was him to be a dignified , pious and a warm hearted person and I found all those qualities in him except for equality . We worked together in the same field but never did I know that Asif had a split personality , he couldn't bear my success ..he didn't wanted me to grow before him well if I did I don't think that's supposed to be my fault . No matter what he did I still love him and I realise it more and more with every passing day as I'm reminded of him and how necessary he was to me ...

  I travel all alone with my little kids to India . The journey  made me tired but I had to hurry . I meet lots of familiar faces, my  family , my friends . I send my kids to their grandparent's place and also entrust my luggage to them  not that I wanted to but they were very sweet and humble with me so I couldn't resist . If at all they would have been this considerate a couple of years ago  I would not have to leave my city and go to other place and live . Setting everything aside I enter my Uncle's bungalow . Fond memories of the place hit me and my senses recognise the scent of the hall . It didn't change , not a bit . The furniture remained on the same place , same old chandelier , same old things same old memories . My uncle had no heir . He never married his entire life and so I was like his daughter . My parents passed away in an accident when I was little since then my maternal grandparents took care of me and my uncle did too.  My eyes land on the elegant long red curtain covering the wide window ..that took me back when I used to play hide and seek with my uncle . At that time I used think he was never able to find me but actually he used to pretend . I used to peep out of the curtain as he smiled at me . I have no siblings only a best friend with whom I have been in touch . As soon as she saw me Aamna hugged me,  I rested my chin on her shoulder and began to weep . We haven't met from the past 2 years . A friend fills the hole in your heart no matter how large it could be.  After the funeral was done some of my relatives meet me and I return back to my kids . I realise my mother in law has already fed them and by the time I reach home they were half asleep ..well they were sure tired too. It won't take me long enough to return to my room and sleep as well ..The day was exhausting for me almost driving all the energy I  had in me . Next day morning I woke up a little late . I hear Ayaan and Sana giggle . They both were trying their weird tricks to wake me up .

"Finally Mumma!  You are awake ! You know we woke up before you so don't we deserve a chocolate "

"Well Ofcourse you do Ayaan! But you realise that it's not  good for your teeth do you?"

"It's not that big deal Mumma I don't have it everyday so please "

"Alright Alright "

"Mumma we didn't see you yesterday .. We usually don't sleep without you but don't know how we just slept without waiting for you . Sorry !" I was stunned for a while but then I smiled and raffled their smooth hair .

"Hey why are you apologising Sana , it's alright dear and I'm  happy coz my kids are growing up and they can sleep on their own now so isn't that cool "

"Yeah Mumma cool like the power Ranger "

"Yeah right haha. .." They both keep on talking sitting next to me on the bed as my mother in law knocks on the door . I quickly open the door .

"Assalamualaikum! I hope you got enough sleep Safiya "

"Alhamdulillah Mom.  "

"That's good . Your kids refused to have breakfast before you . Somehow I convinced them them for dinner since you weren't there so ....."

"Oh I'll come in some time . "

"No problem ." She goes smiling and I'm confused with how much sweetness she has in her voice . Her character and personality has changed incredibly which makes me wonder . I go about thinking of various reasonings as to what  was responsible for the change in her behaviour and then I realise that I'm no longer a detective so I need not think about it so much. We finish breakfast . Sana and Ayaan pick their stuff to play in the backyard , they also looked a lot happy having their old toys back . They would play for sometime but eventually get bored  since they are used to spending time with their friends back there  . I have to move to my grandma's place as I came to stay here temporarily.  I don't like staying here I mean what's the point when Asif himself is no longer in this world but I guess my in laws have their own rights on me and my kids . I slept in my sister in laws room I haven't stepped inside our room from yesterday , I'm scared to go in . It will make me remember memories which I don't want to remember , which I couldn't erase no matter how much I tried . The same night Aamna and her little daughter Sariya who is the same age as Sana came to meet us .  I welcomed her , and after some chat I stood to bring her some tea but my mother in law insisted that she would do the job .  Lately she isn't allowing me to anything and asks only to rest which makes me think something is really fishy or that something is wrong with her .

"So Safiya, feeling back home ?"

"Back home ..huh. ..well I felt that way only when I saw you Aamna . You realize how difficult  it was for me don't you ? "

"I do . I prefer you stay here for sometime you see your grandparents actually are worried about you . You have been in contact but still ...how long will you stay alone ?"

"I understand.  I haven't given much thought to it though"

"It's alright take your time . Anyways do you know about all that stuff happened before you arrived here ?"

"What ? What happened?  I have no idea "

"Oh I guess you weren't  told anything but you must know , Uncle Hamza transferred all of his property to your name . The documents are with me coz he wrote it in his will that in your absence I shall take care of the documents . It seems he prepared everything before hand ."

"What?" I was shocked . My hands were shivering and most of all nothing came to my mind . Everything before me was blurred . I was disturbed as to why would he do it after all he knows everything about me .

Do vote , comment and SHARE !!