chapter six

The entire next day was awkward. As Harry had refused to wank off, knowing that Malfoy knew about his problem, he went to bed highly uncomfortable. He didn't give himself any sort of relief until he made it into the shower the next morning, to which he had grown fully hard by then, and just about cursed himself for having the hormones of a teenage boy.

As the whole family sat around the table at breakfast, James cleared his throat, eyes focusing anywhere but on his eldest son.

"So, anyone have any ideas on what to do today?" He prompted, and was met only by the sounds of metal spoons hitting cereal bowls, or the crunch of toast. After a bit, Harry rose his hand, to which his father rolled his eyes.

"What, Harry?" He asked, voice highly annoyed.

"I did a bit of research on my phone of what's here, and there's this great outdoor-type shopping complex called the Commons. It's got different clothing stores, coffee shops, Wholefoods, and interesting places we could go for lunch like Johnny Rockets or something." The green-eyed boy rambled, to which his father rose an eyebrow in contemplation.

"What's a Johnny Rockets?" He asked then, and Harry gulped.

"It's like a, um... What did it say when I looked it up? Oh yes! It's like a cute old-fashioned restaurant that's got like supposedly the best burgers, as well as shakes. There's jukeboxes there too!" Harry exclaimed, glad that he actually had decided to look it up the previous night.

"Well Harry, I don't know if anyone makes better burgers than your father." Frank spoke, reaching out and taking James' hand lovingly. The couple stared into each other's eyes for a moment, and Harry heard Severus whisper something into Lucius' ear.

Once they looked away, the blond man cleared his throat.

"You two make a fine couple. If only our sons behaved the way the two of you do." He spoke wistfully, glaring at Draco, who was seated between Neville and Severus.

"Yes, if only." James gave Harry that same look, and then folded his hands together. "Well, in spite of being my son being an idiot, a milkshake does sound quite good. I think I would love to try this Johnny's Rocket."

"It's Johnny Rockets." Harry corrected, blushing.

"Whatever."

~~~

And so that is how the family found themselves piled into the black minivan, driving in the opposite direction of the beach and across a highway towards the Commons. Entering the plaza, they had to pass what appeared to be a large pond, with numerous lily pads floating in the water, and a fountain in its middle.

"Think there's alligators in there?" Neville asked, though his eyes seemed more focused on the lily pads. He loved anything to do with gardening, animals, and herbs, and so he was quite fond of Biology, Animal Science, and Agricultural-based classes.

"There shouldn't be, considering we're so close to a highly populated area." Lucius explained, seemingly testing the water with one of his famous glares. It seemed he said 'I dare you to put an alligator there, and watch what'll happen' to the water.

"I guess you're right." Neville said, still staring at the pond wistfully. From the way the families had gotten into the van, James had taken the driver's seat, Frank in the passenger, Lucius, Severus, and Neville had clambered into the very back row, and Draco and Harry were stuck seated beside each other in the middle. Harry was surprised his father drove a car so well that had its contents mixed up.

"What're we gonna do first?" James asked, pulling into a driving spot that appeared to be on the east side of the Commons. They walked through a small section between two shops: one being Abercrombie & Fitch, the other being Build-A-Bear Workshop.