Chapter 3: The Audition Day

I felt nauseous feeling when I saw her on top of him. Tears streamed from my eyes and ran to my room and collected some clothes in a bag and ran out of my room to find mom standing, covering her naked body with her robe. "Where do you think you are going?" she said careless. "Away from you" I spat at her "How could you do this?!!!!" "Didn't you think about me??? Or dad???" I shouted. "I've been doing this when you were at school and no I didn't think. I simply don't care" she said carelessly while smoking her cigarette. I looked at her disgustingly and walked out the door.

I can't what just happened. Why I have such a miserable life. I remembered dad when he used to say that he will never leave me alone in the world. He said he will hold me in his arms to protect me from world. Why did you have to leave? I felt like I'm screaming those words inside my head. I kept walking till I found myself at Zoe's house. I knocked, after few seconds, Zoe opened. I was looked awful, my face was pale and my eyes were bloodshot from crying all the way to her home.

"What happened?" she asked. I cried more when I heard her voice. She opened her arms for me. She hugged me while I was crying hard. We went to her room. "Sleep now and we'll talk later". My eyes lids went heavy; I closed them and let all troubles fly away.

The next day, I woke up with a headache. The door was opened and Zoe walked in. "How you doin' today?" she smiled at me. "Not very well, I feel like a marching band in my head" I complained. "I will get some Advil" she said.

I got up and started at the gloomy clouds, crying. I kept staring at the drops of the rain on the window, slowly going down. Zoe tapped on my shoulder and handed me the pills.

I took the painkiller and stayed silent for a moment. "Tell me what happened?" she asked. I told her what happened and she was shocked. "Wow! Your mom said that. What a bitch!" She exclaimed "I know, she didn't care about my feelings or about dad" tears fell from eyes. "It's okay, you can move with me. I mean mom would be glad that you're moving here" she smiled. I smiled at her and hugged her "Thank you Zoe, you are the best" "For what, stupid? You're my sister" she flicked her finger in head. I laughed slightly then we went to the kitchen to tell her mom about the news. Karen, Zoe's mom, knows about mom and how she treats me. Sometimes she stands by my side when I need some help or support or some advice. We told her and she was happy about it. "Great! We'll go together tomorrow to get your things from your house." Zoe said excitedly.

Since me and Zoe didn't go to college today, we went to the studio to practice. We practiced for 3 hours then my phone went off. It was Noah.

"Hey" I said "Hey babe, sorry I didn't call yesterday" he said "its okay, I'm getting used to it". Really! I'm getting used to it. When he calls me every time, he would say "Sorry I didn't call yesterday" his famous line.

"Hey, I was tired yesterday from training and I forgot to call you back" Really. I wasn't ready to start a fight with Noah now. "It's okay Noah" I dropped it out "So you were saying you wanted to tell me something" he asked, trying to look like he's interested. "Yeah I wanted to tell you that I'm going to enter a dancing competition" I said, hoping he would support me

"Dancing? Since when you liked to dance?" What? He doesn't remember what I told him on the date. "Noah, I like dancing since I was a kid. I just stopped when my dad passed away. I told you on our date" I huffed in annoyance "Oh yeah! I forgot" "yeah whatever" I huffed "okay so call you later" "yeah sure, bye" I hung up.

Noah and I have been with each other for 6 months. We used to go out a lot and he used to care about me but lately we don't talk a lot like we used to. Nope! I'm still virgin. We didn't do it yet, but hey! He told he will wait for me. Sometimes I feel like Noah is the one but then I say 'I think I should stay like for a little more'. I'm waiting for the kind of love that will me feel like I've been hit by a car. I never believed that I loved Noah; I mean yeah Noah is good-looking guy and everything but I don't feel that special feeling. A feeling called Love. I just don't know how I'm going to know this feeling but I'm for it. Maybe I could feel it for Noah later.