Chapter Three

I entered the store, immediately being welcomed by an employee at the door.

"Hello, welcome to Magnolia Depot. Can I be of service, ma'am?" The obviously timid pinkette asked. She was quite pale, but very beautiful. I guessed she didn't realize that fact. I smiled, and she seemed to relax a bit more; however, she never made full eye contact.

"Yes, please. I'm looking for some supplies for school." I requested, and her eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, but isn't it a little late to be shopping for school supplies, ma'am?" She blushed, stammering a bit.

"I guess so," I chuckled nervously, "But you see, I just moved to town and enrolled in FTA, so..." I explained, and her lips quivered.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." She apologized, and I made this face:

"Oh no, it's fine, I just thought everyone around here would know already

"Oh no, it's fine, I just thought everyone around here would know already." I stated.

"I'm sorry, but know what, ma'am?"

"That I'm new here." I smiled friendly, and her eyes squinted at me in focus. She scanned my features, making me feel a little self-conscious until her face lit up with sudden understanding.

"I'm sorry, miss, but you wouldn't happen to be the chief's daughter? Jude Heartfilia?" She said, her voice a bit louder. She seemed more comfortable talking to me, but I, on the other hand, felt like I crawling in a hole and dying there. Why? Because her statement made a few of the customers in the store turn their attention to me. The two girls looked at each other, whispering for a moment as the blonde one pointed at me. I became flushed and looked back at the petite pink-haired girl, who was waiting for my answer shyly.

"Excuse us," I hadn't noticed that the two ladies walked over, and I felt myself slightly slump, "We don't mean to be nosey, but is it true? Are you Lucy Heartfilia?" Asked the blonde girl. Her tone was quite chipper, almost unusually so. She had icy-blue eyes, and a figure that would put most girls to shame. 

Her friend, the brunette, had warm purple eyes that seemed annoyed and ashamed of the blonde's blunt actions. Her body was quite voluptuous as well, and she held a pack of pencils with a new journal in her arms.

"Um... Yeah... That's me, ha-ha." I chuckled nervously, and the capturing blue eyes of the blonde girl lit up with smothering excitement.

"O-M-G, really?!" She exclaimed, "Ugh, we have been waiting for you. As you should know Magnolia isn't very known for network breaking news, but gosh, you have been the talk of the litter!" She smiled a pearly, bright smile, reaching her hand out for me to shake, "I'm Jenny Realight. We're gonna be going to school together. This is Cana Alberona, she's kinda alternative, if you know what I mean." She giggled, gesturing to her brunette comrade.

"Hi." Cana smiled, apology written all over her face. I smiled back in assurance.

"Hey, I'm Lucy." I replied.