1

*Natalia POV*

I spring around the house to the back. I stop and hide against the wall trying to control my breathing as much as possible. I hear footsteps and hold my breath. I stay still for a good 5 minutes. I lean around the corner of the house. I don't seen anyone. I let out a sigh of relief. I turn around the other direction. And soon two arms grab me. A scream escapes my lips.

"Gotcha" Taylor laughs

I smack his chest playfully.

"Oh shut up" I say walking off

"Now just wait" Taylor says grabbing my wrist and pulling me back to him.

I love when he does that.

"Whaaattt" I whine

"What's my trophy, since I won the game" he smirks

I roll my eyes. "I guess we could uhm kiss" I say in a high pitch tone.

Taylor smirks at me. He closes his eyes. We lean in and I lick the side of his face. He lets go of me wiping off his cheek. I laugh.

"Oh that's it come here" he says chasing me.

I run around the house. I run in the house and see Taylor's grandmother. "You kids" she says at us. I run past her screaming. And run upstairs and go to his bedroom and jump under his bed covers. I lay perfectly still. Soon the covers are jerked off me. Taylor starts tickling me. I scream.

"Taylor...stoppp...you know I hate being tickled" I say in between breaths.

He stops and laughs. I roll my eyes at him. I get up and pop in a movie. I come back over to Taylor who is now laying on the bed. I lay in his arms.
"Jesus Christ it's hot in here" he says taking his shirt off. I stare at his chest. I can't take this. He's my best friend, but I love him. I watch his chest rise and fall.

"What you thinking about Nat?" He asks curiously

"Just our futures." I lie

"Hey just think a couple more years and we'll be on some tropical island sipping champagne." He jokes

"Yea I guess" I laugh

But it didn't turn out like that. I didn't get the happy romance of high school with Taylor like it happens in the movies. Instead I got an apartment in LA. While my best friend and his girlfriend live it up at his huge house. I mean I'm not mad at Taylor. I support him. Just I wish it was me with him and I blame myself.

-5 years later-

I grab my keys and purse and lock my apartment door. I head to the parking garage and hop in my car. I start it and hum along to 'guys my age' by hey violet. I soon pull up to huge house. Taylor Caniff's to be exact. I walk up to the door and knock. Soon Taylor opens the door.

"Nat" he says enthusiastically and greets me with a hug.

"Hey tay" I hug back

He lets me in and I plop down on the couch and scroll through twitter. As I'm scrolling someone sits beside me. I look over at them.

"MATTY" I yell and pounce on him.

"Hey Natalia" he laughs

"Well how you been. How was your trip to Hawaii?" I ask

"Great. Awesome actually" he says smiling

Besides Taylor, Matthew is my best friend. He knows everything about me even the love for Taylor I have. I can trust Matty with anything.

"Hey listen me and Vicki are going to go out today, sorry Nat" tay says I frown.

I look and see Vicki the queen slut herself on Taylor's side. I almost throw up in my mouth. Vicki comes from Indiana. Taylor met her junior year and they 'fell in love' more like 'hey I'm a slut screw me'. Plus Vicki is a big time gold digger she's always nagging at Tay to buy her new stuff. It really pisses me off.

"Will you and Matt be fine? Just lock up." Tay says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah yeah" I say

They walk out. I sigh and sit back down beside Matty.

"You really love him don't you?" He asks and I nod.

"I just need to get my mind off him." I say

"I have an idea" Matty smirks "LETS GET ICE CREAM" he yells jumping up.

I laugh and he pulls me up. We lock Taylor's door and hop in my car since Matty took an uber here. He hops in the drivers and I hop in the passengers. He gets my keys and starts the car and drives to the ice cream parlor.

"Thank you" I say as I receive my cone.

Matty and I decide while we eat we can walk along the sidewalk. I finish my cone. Matt finishes as well and throws the trash away. I keep walking and look at him.

"Matty what should I do?" I ask him

"Honestly Natalia" he says "I have no clue. I do however think  you need to tell Taylor how you feel before it comes between your friendship."

"But what if me saying something hurts the friendship we have, even more?" I ask him

He stops walking and looks at me.

"Natalia I beg you with all my heart. This one time just get the courage and tell him. " he says

I nod. He wipes away my tear. I didn't even realize I was crying. I guess the thought of loosing Tay kills me. Ever since my mom and dad passed away last year, two months apart. Matty and Tay are basically the only family I have left. My mom was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and this past year she left us. My dad worried and grieved so much that it killed him. He died of  broken heart syndrome. I miss them both dearly.

"They're in a better place" Matty says holding my face.

He always knows what I'm thinking. No matter what. He pulls me into his chest the sun was setting now. I took deep breaths and took in his scent. We walked back to my car and drove to my apartment.

"I'll call me an uber" Matty says

"Cmon Matty stay the night. We can watch Netflix all night" I say smiling

"Fine" he says

I jump into his arms. I run upstairs grab some underwear and a bra my nike pro leggings and bangerz tshirt. I run in the bathroom and shower real quick and get dressed. I walk back out and see Matty on his phone on my bed. He sees me come out and grabs his clothes and goes to the bathroom. He stays here so often he basically has half of his clothes here. He soon comes back out with wet hair and some grey Nike sweats on. No shirt. We lay down and start watching American Horror Story on Netflix. By the end of season one I'm getting very sleepy. I look and it's 3am.

"Matty I'm tired" I say getting under the covers. He does as well.

I curl up to his chest and listen to his breathing. Matty is basically my big brother. He turns off the TV and we sit in darkness. I'm like half awake.

"Natalia do you ever feel trapped. Because the person you love will never see you the way you want them too" he whispers

"Mhmm" I mumble.

It gets quiet for a couple of minutes.

"Love you Natalia" Matty says kissing my head.

"Love you Matty" I say and drift off into a deep sleep