Chapter 11 - "My BFF!"

Chance didn't know what to do. With his son knocked out on the ground, he placed his hands on the side of his head, pacing back and forth trying to figure out what he could do with his body. First, he thought about leaving him in bed and acting like they could discover him dead when they all woke up.

But the injury to his head, was too serious. And with Tina coming home from the football party in a few hours, he had no choice but to ride out somewhere far to dump him.

Chance drove 20 minutes out into Farmington Hills, a local place where there were a lot of woods and deserted areas around the high middle class homes. When he finally found a wooded area that was away from the busy streets, Chance took his Romeo out of the car and rolled him down an embankment and into a river. Afterwards, Chance quickly pulled off to head back home.

Soon after, Romeo slowly lifted up, barely able to move from the blow to his head. He lifted his head up, looking around the dark areas with his eyes half opened.

"Can somebody.......hear me....?" Romeo slurred lowly, barely able to talk.

Romeo was out in the woods, alone.

After Tina got home from practice, she threw her shoes aside and started taking off her items. The first thing that was on her mind, was checking up on Romeo to see where he was.

"Romeo?" Tina chanted as she jogged up the stairs. "You still in the room?"

When Tina opened the door, she saw the pocket knife that he gave to Romeo on the floor. She looked up at the corner of the room, noticing that he wasn't where he was sitting. His bed was still made up.

"Romeo!" Tina chanted loudly as she went from room to room, cutting on each light.

When she looked inside of Chauncey's mothers room, Tina noticed that he was asleep. Tina quickly shut off the light, shutting the door and looking out. As she prepared to search downstairs, she saw Chance walking inside of the home. Tina gave him a blank stare, looking upstairs.

"Where's Romeo?" Tina asked fearlessly.

"I have no idea." Chance growled. "He should be in his room."

Tina glanced down at his muddy shoes, scrunching her eyebrows and looking back up at him.

"What did you do to him?" Tina whispered in a sinister tone.

"Excuse me?"

"Where the hell is my brother?" Tina scowled. "He's not here and he wouldn't DARE leave the house at 3:00am!"

"Chauncey, you better get in your damn room and watch your mouth when you speak to me!" Chance growled. "I said I don't know where he is!"

Tina cracked a small smile, placing her tongue on the side of her cheek and looking away.

"That's funny. Your 12 year old son isn't here at 3am and you don't bother to say 'oh my gosh! What happened to him?' or 'What do you mean he's gone?'" Tina smiled. "You're a piece of shit father."

Chance stepped up to Tina's face, giving her a serious look.

"Say that again." Chance growled. "I dare you."

Tina gave him a blank stare, then growled it through her teeth.

"You're. A. Piece. Of. Shit. Father." Tina repeated, showing a little bit of teeth when she said it.

Tina didn't budge. She brushed past him and jogged up the stairs, going into Romeo's room and shutting the door. Tina was becoming more bold. She was becoming better at football, standing up to the boys, and getting into sports that she didn't like as a girl.