Dear Chandler ,

Last night I went to the top of the SunTrust plaza, to end it all. I didn't want to live anymore. I Rode the elevator to the roof of the plaza. All the way thinking 'this is my last elevator ride.

I wasn't scared though. I didn't regret my decision. Still don't. I got to the roof of the 871 foot building. It was quiet and peaceful there. And I was alone. I walked to the edge looking down to where my dead body would lay in minutes.

"It's dangerous up there" you said from behind me. "Why don't you come down and talk a bit?"

I turned around and looked at you. Shaking my head. You begged and pleaded. I eventually climbed down and stood in front of you.

You took my hand and led me away from the ledge. We talked. You told me that jumping was a bad idea. Made me explain why I wanted to kill myself. Told me I was beautiful and deserve to live.

I didn't believe you. I don't believe you. I ran back to the ledge and got ready to jump. I closed my eyes, took what I was sure would be my final breath making sure to savor it.

Then you grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down. I tried to fight your grip, who knew you were so strong? But that's the thing I'm not strong.

I finally gave up. You hugged me and told me it was going to be okay. I know it's not. Nothing ever is.

You kissed my cheek and hugged me again. We sat down and talked. You told me you cared and I shouldn't do it. I'm not so sure about that.

After hours of talking you said I should go home. You gave me your number and I gave you mine.

"Meet me here tomorrow night, okay?" You said smiling. I just nodded returning the small smile. I rode the elevator down then took a bus home..

You stuck in my head all night. You'd saved me from myself. Saved my life.

   , Chelsea