Ch.2

C H A P T E R   2

When I woke up in a cold sweat, my nightmare still close at the back of my mind, I sat up breathing hard and fast with the baseball bat clenched in my fist. The first thought that came to my mind was; need to leave – zombies everywhere. The second was; what the heck am I doing on a bed? But my third was when I finally came awake and realised that I was in fact stuck in a town.

So great, I’m now stuck in a place I don't know how to get out of or around in, full of people who can't do anything but stare and blink every half a minute and I think may possibly be dead… or from what I could smell… should be.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

“At least their not-” before I could finish the sentence out loud I froze in the middle of heading toward the door despite the fact that the sun had yet to rise.

Oh shit, my brain said as I strained to hear the noise that caught my attention.

It wasn’t a car.

It certainly wasn’t a human.

But it sure was something I was damn familiar with.

Glancing out of the window I was now in front of within three steps, I soon saw a very dreading scene in front of me, causing me to take off in a run, flying out of the front door before I realised all the people that had been in the house were suddenly all coming outside; like brainless zombies.

No – robots.  

“What the hell what the hell what the hell.” I practically chanted as I put as much distance between me and the zombies as I could.

And by zombies, I meant zombies; the real kind that I’ve been more than acquainted within the past 298 days.

This is not good, this is totally not normal, this so, so not good at all. Where the heck did they come from?!

Squeaking in surprise as I quickly stopped and made a sharp left turn into an alley to avoid the sudden line of zombies that were making its way down the street I was previously going down I all but flew down the alley and out into another tiny dirt road, more houses and more Frozens filling my view.

Again I was cut off by another line of zombies that seemed to awaken at my moving body, the sight of their running and limping grotesque bodies forcing me into the nearest house where I locked the door and raided all the closets.

Gun, I need a damn gun. How are there no guns in this stupid town?!

“Shit shit shit!” glancing out of the front door window quickly I saw that the zombies were more than preoccupied having the time of their lives ripping through the Frozens’, arms and legs everywhere, insides turned out and blood pooling the ground.