Until We're Grey and Old (Say You Won't Let Go)

(Laucy)

TRIGGER WARNING for death.

-

December 75th, 2016

I met you in the dark, you lit me up

You made me feel as though I was enough

"Come on, Lo, let's do shots!" Normani pulled me in the direction of the crowded bar.

"I don't know... I think I'm just going to stay sober tonight I'm not feeling it-"

"Oh yes, you are!" My friend cut me off and sat me down at one of the barstools. She then ordered a round of tequila shots.

A few seconds later, the bartender had finished expertly pouring the small glasses of alcohol and set them down before us. As I was reluctantly about to take my first shot, a husky voice stopped me and Normani in our tracks.

"Mind if I join?"

I looked to Normani who looked up at the girl and was about to say something- until I looked up at the girl as well.

There are plenty of love novels and chick flicks out there that overexaggerate the moment two people make eye contact for the first time... this moment was no exception.

"I'd be offended if you didn't" I locked eyes with the brown-eyed woman standing behind my best friend.

Just like that, she swooped in, licked the salt, took the shot and sucked on the lime in record time that made mine and Normani's heads spin.

She winked, about faced, and strutted off in the opposite direction, leaving me with my mouth agape.

"Mani... what was that?" I mumbled.

"A connection," she shook her head, turned me around, and shoved me in her direction.

I looked out in front of me, and sure enough, there she was on the dance floor with who I assumed were her friends. I walked up to her, with a gait as confident as I could muster, and took a quick but deep breath.

"Hey," she looked at me with a devilish smirk. God, she was gorgeous.

"I never got your name," I tried to sound mysterious (Normani's advice) but failed.

"Now, why would I give my name to someone I just met? You could be a stalker!" The woman faked a gasp.

"Good point," I nodded, faking thinking it over, "I'm Lauren," I smiled.

"Lucy," she returned the expression, showing off her gorgeous, white teeth.

-

We danced the night away, we drank too much

"Would you like to dance?" I asked.

"Hmm... I'm not sure..." Lucy joked, taking me by the hand and pulling me onto the crowded dance floor.

"Lucy... I don't know how to dance. This isn't such a good idea unless you want me to make a fool of myself," I frowned.

"Honey, I can hear the Cuban accent in your voice. You can dance," Lucy shook her head, unimpressed by my lame excuse.

"And what makes you sure it's a Cuban accent?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nena, conozco una Latina cuando veo una Latina," her eyes fell to my ass, she nodded and looked back up at me, "eres una Latina."

My mouth fell open, transfixed by how incredibly hot she sounded speaking Spanish.

She giggled, waving a hand in front of my face, "Lauren?"