Chapter 42: Resurrection

Izzy's P.O.V.

Mel and I had avoided each other for about a month after my drunken episode. She was sleeping on the couch and I was hiding away in my room. At the time I had very little hope that we could mend our relationship; she hadn't spoken to me, she avoided me if I decided to come out of my dank room, and for most of the day it sounded like she wasn't even home. This may or may not have been my time of relapse. Because I felt as though she didn't care about me anymore, when she wasn't home I'd call my dealer around and I'd shoot up in my room. I hadn't left the house for about 2 weeks, I hadn't changed my clothes or showered, and I probably smelt worse than a garbage dump. I did realise though how much I was missing out on during my clean period. The feel of the smooth Mr Brownstone swimming through my veins felt better than anything; it even felt better than sex.

This was one of the most stupid moments of my life.

While I was usually passed out on my bed, little did I know that Melanie had known about my relapse for quite some time and that eventually, she decided to do something about my state.

I heard her call my name from outside my door. Surprisingly I was somewhat conscious when she did. I scuffed into the kitchen from my drug-infested, dingy bedroom and I saw Melanie sitting at the dining table with her hands together resting on the table. She looked at me and took a breath.

"Izzy, can you come here?" She asked calmly.

I was somehow able to feel shocked when she spoke, through my foggy state. I hadn't heard her voice in such a long time.

I chuckled and moved my heavy feet towards her.

"Izzy I want you to leave. You can't be here, if you stay you'll probably die."

"Oi, fuck off I'm not moving out." I whinged.

"No, not move out, I mean get out of the house, and go back home to your mother's place. I think you know you need to get clean."

She was right. If I had continued this lifestyle I would have probably overdosed eventually, and if I had overdosed, I wouldn't ever see Melanie again.

Melanie held up a plane ticket with my name on it and the destination of Indiana printed on it.

"Your mother is waiting for you. You don't have to worry about anything back here. I'll look after Ripley and when I get the courage, I'll clean your germy room."

The rest is history, really. I didn't want to argue with her, mainly because I didn't have the energy. The ticket was for that very day and Mel drove me to the airport. I didn't bring any baggage with me; I only brought a bottle of water, a fresh packet of cigarettes, and myself along for the ride. The aeroplane trip wasn't exactly the best thing, I ended up being a piece of shit as I started smoking in the non-smoking section, I got drunk, abused a young and innocent air hostess and pissed in the cabin... in a rubbish bin. Like, actually urinated on the plane. When we landed there was a group of policeman waiting for me and they told me I was suspended from flying for 6 months, and I was given a very hefty fine. Great; good one Izzy. That's about as much detail I can go into mainly because I was too fucked up to remember all of it...

I'll never forget the look on my mother's face when I made my way back home; utter disappointment. I didn't say anything to her when I stumbled through the front door, I just nodded, and made my way up the stairs and into my childhood bedroom. It hadn't changed since the day I packed up and left for L.A. All my posters of The New York Dolls and The Rolling Stones were still plastered over my walls.

"Jeffrey?" My mother stuck her head into my room.

"It's Izzy", I mumbled while lighting a cigarette in my mouth.

"Jeffrey, please don't smoke in here."

I ignored her and flopped on my bed, puffing out a big cloud of smoke.

"Do you want me to start shooting up again? Because if I smoke, it'll distract me from that urge of shoving the needle in my arm. It's your choice, mum."

"You can smoke outside. Not in the house, Jeffrey. You're under my roof, it's my rules from now on. Do you want to get healthy again, and go back to Melanie and start treating her right? I should have never let you go to that sinful place in the first place. Look what's happened, you've turned into an abusive boyfriend and a junkie."

"But I'm a rich, abusive boyfriend and junkie." I joked. She was not amused.

My mum rushed over to me and snatched the cigarette out of my hand. She glared at me, but I could see right through her tough façade. No matter how angry she could get, it was still so easy to look at the kind heart that she had. I started to realise just how much I had missed her. I actually hadn't spoken to her for at least a year.

"I'm going to fix you, Jeff, whether you like it or not."

"'Kay, mum. Whatever you say."

~

Yay look at me go, I got off my butt and updated! 

This is just a lil chapter to get things moving again, I've got a lot more stuff in store!

Hope all you guys are well, and pls don't hate me for my late update!

Don't forget to read, vote and comment! xx