Caught in the Act

Brennan's POV
I heard familiar female footsteps. Cam's? No, they were too loud.

"Where's my sweet little boy?" I heard a voice call out.

Tasha.

I instantly knew that the voice was faking being sweet. Tasha used that voice around Booth and the others. She never did it around me. I knew her treatment of him. It was horrid. But Booth wouldn't believe me.

Walking to her, I frowned at her and looked at her. She was wearing clothes that Parker should never see. Much too skimpy.

"Where's the little brat? He ran off before I could finish his punishment."

I glared darkly. "Tasha, leave him alone. He told me what you did."

She laughed. "Well you're not his mother, are you?"

"I'm the closest thing he has to one."

Tasha reached to smack me but I moved her hand away.

"Leave. Now."

Before I could say more, Parker and Angela walked out. He either needed to pee or wanted Hodgins. Still, I was secretly glad that Angela came with him. I think she knew his treatment from her too.

"There you are! Give me a hug, sweetie," Tasha opened her arms.

Parker's eyes widened and he ran to me. I put him behind me and rubbed his back.

"Sweetie, you need to come home," Tasha smiled. "Do it for Mama."

Parker still clung to me. "No! You're not my mama!"

She walked behind me and grabbed Parker. Parker wailed and kicked at her. He pounded on her shoulder but her grip was tight. She swatted him and he wailed louder.

"Put me down!" Parker's voice made my heart break.

"Put him down!" I kicked her in the shins.

Out of surprise, she dropped him and Parker wailed. She reached to get him but I kicked her.

"What do you think you're doing?" Hodgins glared darkly at Tasha.

"This psycho won't let me take Parker home and he wants to go home."

Parker ran to Hodgins and cried into his legs. Hodgins rubbed his back soothingly and picked him up. He rubbed his back and I was pleased. Hodgins and Angela (like Booth and I) loved Parker and were very nurturing toward him. Cam adored him.

"T-T-Tasha b-b-beat me. I told her that Mommy doesn't smoke, drink or beat me. I told her that Mommy loves me so much and that you guys do too. She beat me and said she was my only mother now. She said that M-M-Mommy-" He cried again.

"Shh, buddy you're okay. You're safe. Want some candy?"

Parker eagerly nodded.

"You did what to Parker?" Cam had a very angry look on her face.

"I beat the kid. So what, he's a brat and a terror."

Booth was standing behind her and he smacked her. "What did my son do to deserve that? Nothing!"

Tasha pouted at him. "Baby, we can make a ton more kids."

Booth shook his head. "Get your stuff out of my house. I never want to see you ever again!"

Tasha stomped off and Booth looked at his son.

"I'm sorry, Daddy," Parker cried once he was in Booth's arms.

"Shh, buddy. You're okay. Daddy's got you."

I looked at Booth who smiled at me and took my hand. "Thank you, Bones. You saved my boy."

I did something I always dreamed of doing.

I grabbed him and kissed him.