Chapter 3 - 0

Alette looked up at the two boys in panic as she quickly pulled up her pants. She almost wanted to laugh when she saw them.

      The two boys were no more than nine and from what she could see identical twins. Both were about four foot eight and cuter than anyone she'd ever seen before. Both their heads were like torches with their bright red hair and Alette had the instant urge to ruffle it up. Even though their hair was already as disheveled as it could get. They had matching, nearly cute little grimaces that was like a stain on their otherwise innocent faces. Both of their eyes were blue like the ocean, and despite her earlier incident in the water Alette thought they were so adorable. They each had freckles spotting across their pale cheeks that looked almost like little stars dotting a clear sky.

      Once Alette got the chance to look them over once she nearly wanted to let out an 'Awww' sound but resisted the temptation. She quickly grabbed her belt and put it on, her boots still layer on her bed. The twins stared at her as she smiled at them awkwardly. She stuck her hand out to shake. "Hi! I'm Alette, who ar-"

      The boy on the left cut her off as he shook her hand. He had a stern look on his childish face. His cheeks were slightly pudgy and Alette nearly wanted to squeeze it, they were both just so adorable. "I'm called Gills."

      The boy acted professional and crossed his arms after shaking Alette's hand. Gills? Alette thought that was an odd thing to call somebody but didn't question it. Gills seemed to be the more dominant of the twins. He was the one projecting the tuff attitude where as the other just looked like he was copying his brother. He was a bit more lanky that Gills and slowly extended his hand to shake Alette's. He shook it very gently and answered her unfinished question. "I-I'm Newt."

      Alette smiled at both of them and Gills kept his arms crossed and that grimace on his face. Where as Newt sorta just stood there with his arms beside him rocking on his heels. As Alette slowly started to put on her socks she spoke to the two boys. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you both, as you probably know I'll be staying in here with you. I hope that's ok with both of you."

      Newt looked like he was about to speak before his brother very purposefully placed a hand on his chest and pushed his back slightly. Gills started to talk to Alette with disdain in his voice. "We know, and we're not exactly happy about it."

     Alette slowly slipped on her shoes and started lacing them up. She tilted her head to look at Newt. Newt looked a little left out of the conversation so Alette asked him. "Newt? Are you ok with me staying here?"

      Newt stepped out from behind his brother and sat beside Alette on her bed. Where she had sat so she could put on her shoes. He crossed his legs and put his hands in his lap. His brother scowled at him hit he didn't pay attention to it. Newt started to talk to her in a timid voice. "Personally I'm happy to have you staying with us."

      Alette smiled at him and finished lacing up her boots. Leaning over she gave him a small hug and he returned it. She liked Newt, he was a little cutie and Alette would bet money that not enough people paid attention to him here. Where ever here was? That was a good question. Where was Alette? She felt a little bit of nausea at the realization that she didn't know where she was. As she pulled away from Newt she slowly stood up and pulled Newt to his feet with her hand. Gills glared at Newt and Alette. It was obvious that he was a bit of a grouchy pants. Alette was sure she could soften him up though, with time.

      The three stood there for a moment before Alette decided she should go check out the rest of the camp and introduce her to some of the other lost boys. Then she got an idea. She turned to Newt and asked him. "Newt, would you take me to meet some of your friends?"