Chapter 3

Author's Point of View

Skyler groans in pain as she begins to wake up. She sits up quickly, her eyes wide with terror. She holds her head in pain as black dots encased her vision. She whimpers as her head pounded against her skull. 

Niall, the blond-haired vampire, heard her whimper and began to ascend from the stairs. Her room was at the end of the hall, furthest away from the front door. 

Skyler hears the door-knob jiggle and pushed forward. She stares at the male in front of her in shock. Her eyes begin to water; she was afraid. She didn't want anything bad to happen to her, but it was too late. The only thing she could possibly do was escape, even if it was risky and impossible. 

Niall approaches the girl tentatively trying to show her he was not a threat, but Skyler had other ideas. Skyler frantically searches for something she can use to defend herself around the room. She is unsuccessful and grabs the closest thing to her... a pillow.

Skyler flings the soft-object at the insensitive vampire. It makes contact with the mythical creature and falls to the ground with a plop.  Niall stares at the shaking girl confused, then averts his gaze back onto the plush object. 

Skyler doesn't meet the vampire's gaze as he approaches her. She merely stares at her shaking hands in disbelief while mumbling a small prayer. 

Niall softly touches her chin and raises it upward so she could meet his soft gaze that his red eyes held. 

Skyler made a whimpering sound, but managed to say four little words that puts her in the coward category. 

"P-please don't hurt me."

Niall attempts to stifle his laugh, but it's inevitable as the laugh leaves his lips and fills the air in the small room. 

Skyler's face begins to turn a bright pink, her abashed figure crumples and she wraps her arms tightly around her knees so she's in a fetal position. 

"Ple-please don't laugh," she whimpers.

He stops laughing and looks at her with a glint of sympathy in his crimson-eyes. 

"Sorry, it's just...you look adorable when you blush," Niall says innocently. 

Skyler's face turns an even brighter shade of pink. She attempts to hide it behind her hands, but Niall pulls her hands away from her face. Skyler tries to pull her hands free, but is unsuccessful. She yanks back, which causes Niall to lose his balance. 

They both topple backwards, the girl on top of Niall, in a very misleading position. 

Zayn, Louis, and Harry hear the thud of the two beings from upstairs and decide to investigate. They quietly climb the stairs and walk down the hall. The wooden door was opened a crack.

They peak  in and their breaths hitch in their throats. Harry leans forward too much which causes the door to open more, also leading to the door creaking rather loudly. 

The three boys fall onto of each other mouths smiling innocently, while Niall and Skyler blush, their mouths agape in shock. 

"I-It's not what it looks like! We-we-we were just--"

Skyler's screaming for an explanation was cut off by a stoical Zayn who jumped to conclusions. 

"You were just trying to get on his good side to use him later for an escape?"

Skyler's brows furrow in confusion and she tries to protest, but Zayn has none of it. 

Skyler's anger begins to rise and her chest begins to get heavy. 

"STOP! If I was going to use someone I would do it more subtly not by fucking them..."

Tears of anger slid down her face as she glared at the boys in their eyes. Their mouth were agape as they stared at the teary-eyed female in front of them. 

"S-Sorry..." 

Skyler turns away and wipes her eyes with her sleeve. 

"Whatever... Anyway, what do you want with me?" 

"I can not answer that... Let's just say that you're important to two of us here..."

"What's that..." 

Skyler stops mid-sentence, her eyes wide in shock as excruciating flared on her back. She falls forward, giving the boys time to see what caused her to collapse. A knife had lodged itself in her back. A cool breeze from the window confirmed their suspicions that the being that did this was currently in the house and was most-likely a vampire-hunter trying to kill them. 

"Niall, go to the bathroom and see if there is something in the first-aid kit to stop the bleeding," Liam commands.

"On it," Niall says before running off.

"Louis and Harry, you go scout the lower levels for any intruders while Zayn and I go scout the upper levels," Liam orders before running off with Zayn. 

(Tip: They live in a four-story abandoned mansion.)

Harry and Louis speed off downstairs searching for any intruders. The hunter, or so they assume, was smart. They masked their scent, preventing the vampires from finding them by scent.'

"Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam, Help!" 

Skyler's voice rang throughout the house...The air felt heavy as the boys ran to save Skyler. They knew it was a trap, but what could they do? They had to save her, for she was one of the boy's mate...