IV

I apologize in advance for how much this chapter sucks

****

The brunette swiveled around, kunai in hand. Standing before her was the same tall figure with long dark hair that she's grown to love. Tenten was too shocked to even speak. Neji stared back at her, at what she had become.

"Back at training again, huh? It's about time," he stated.

Tenten blankly nodded and then seemed to regain control of her tongue.

"B-but how? You're dead? What? How? Oh screw logic. I've missed you so much,"
She surged forward to pull him into a hug, but then looked on with a horrified expression as she passed straight through him.

The bun-haired kunoichi slowly turned around to face Neji, who looked gown with a pained expression.

"You see Tenten, I'm not really... well ... here." Neji said and finally met her gaze.

Tenten let a tear slip down her face, but then quickly wiped it off.

"Kami. I really am going insane now," she shook her head, "imagining him, here. Talking to me," Tenten snuck a glance over to where 'Neji' stood.

"Oh come on Tenten. I mean I'm here." He motioned to the surrounding area, "but I'm not physically well here," he motioned to his slightly ghostly form.

Neji walked foreword to her and cupped her cheek with his nonexistent hand. Tenten leaned into the cool air surrounding her face, but soon jerked away.

"So even if you actually were here, which I totally don't believe, how would I know? How could I tell that this isn't just a dream. How do I know that it's really you? Maybe I fell asleep and didn't realize it or I fell and hit my head and this is all just a dream. A sick, twisted dream." the bun-haired girl spoke with her eyes tearing up.

"It's not a dream Tenten. You just have to trust me. I'll come see you again tomorrow, but you have to be training for a while before I show myself." he paused but the girl was still silent.

"Goodbye Tenten, I'll talk to you again soon."

Tenten, who was still in some state of shock over the situation, murmured a breathy 'goodbye' before Neji faded away.

With one last smile on his face, Neji was no longer visible to Tenten. She stood up tall and took a deep breath. Tenten started off to walk back to the village. 'Maybe this isn't a dream after all.'

***

          On her was to the village, Tenten couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. I have to tell Hinata! She will be so excited! Tenten thought, and decided she would stop by the Hyuga compound to see her.

          The brunette started to walk with a little bounce in her step, and a smile grew on her face as she thought of her love.

           "Tenten? It's nice to see you out and about." A voice called out to her.

            The bun-haired girl looked up to face a girl around her age with light pink locks and a gem on her forehead.