Chapter 6

And just like that, the US leg of the tour was over. We'd played two encores instead of our usual one, used every bit of pyro in stock---basically blew up the stage completely. Hell, we weren't going to need it again, right? It was easier to have it rebuilt overseas than haul the monstrosity several thousand miles and over a couple oceans.

Instead of the usual after party, Lilly and a couple people from the management company had planned two "final show of the tour" parties; one for the road crew and support staff, and one for us, our friends, family and a few guests. The road crew and support staff had asked that their get-together be in the early afternoon so they could enjoy themselves and not have to worry about interrupting their fun by having to get everything taken down and on the trucks to be taken to the storage facility the set would be in till it was shipped overseas. Lilly had asked around to see what everyone wanted to do and they'd ended up with a huge barbecue at one of the local water parks. The six of us had stopped in for a while to say thanks to everyone, then we'd had to hurry back to the arena to get ready for the show.

Our post-show party was a little less wild. The huge ballroom that occupied the entire third floor of the hotel we were staying in had been transformed into an autumn wonderland with fairy lights strung through the potted trees and greenery, rich fabrics everywhere in shades of russet, brown, bronze, gold and green, and the two huge chandeliers that hung over the dance floor were twinkling with tiny gold ribbons to set off the crystal prisms that sent rainbows everywhere when they moved in the light breeze that flowed through the room. Although I'd liked the idea of the picnic, the sneak peek I took at the ballroom as I made my way up to the room I shared with Lilly changed my mind. I was looking forward to dressing up a little-but then again, when wasn't I looking for an excuse to dress up?

I met Schneider on his way to the elevators; he still had a touch of his black eyes but they were invisible underneath the concealer he'd put on. My black eye was gone, thankfully, but many of the bruised spots on my behind from him walloping me with his quarter staff were going to take somewhat longer to heal. As we stepped into the elevator, he turned to me and said, "Ready for some down time?"

"You bet. Even though I'm going be busy helping Lilly get moved in it's still gonna be nice not having to get up at the crack of dawn to climb onto a bus or plane. Or share a dressing room with the likes of you," I teased, poking Schneider in the arm. He laughed and said, "You'll miss me. I'll bet you anything you'll be on the phone to me within a week talking about everything and nothing."

"As if. You might get roped into helping me move furniture," I said, leaning against the back wall of the elevator to let a small crowd of people get on. They shuffled and moved about, jostling Schneider and I until he was standing behind me, plastered against the wall. As the elevator began moving upwards, it hit a bumpy spot which threw me off balance. Before I could catch myself, I'd landed right against Schneider, pressing my backside into his crotch. He bit back a gasp; both of us immediately grew hard---and embarrassed. I couldn't move and neither could he, so he rested his hands on my shoulders and I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets.

::Ah...sorry::

::Something you're not telling me Schneider?::

::Hey, you're sporting wood too, Reesh!::

::I am not!::

::Oh bullshit, you are too! Even if we weren't linked I could tell. The back of your neck is redder than a stop sign and you're starting to sweat::

Oh, I was in trouble. I'd never admit it to anyone but yeah, I still had some leftover feelings for our drummer. Never sure if he still felt the same way, I'd stuffed them into a box in the back of my heart and locked them away----or so I'd thought. Now, the feeling of Schneider's warm breath on the back of my neck, his hardness pressing against my behind and the way his hands were trembling dragged all those emotions out of storage and back to cause trouble. The quickest way to break up a band was get involved with someone who's in it with you and I was not going to do anything to jeopardize Rammstein, even after well over twenty years of us being together.