Dark Angel Part 8

BUZZ

"Ugh," I moaned as I rolled over, ignoring my phone, which had woken me up. My mind started to clear as I returned to the dream that had entertained me as I slept. It was weird, just like most dreams. 

"I'm open!" Miku yelled from beside the goal. Fans scream all around us, but as I focused in on them, they all just sat still in their seats. In my mind, though, I guess it made sense since I moved on. 

"Here!" Miku yelled again. With muscle memory, I snapped my leg back and shot it forward, hitting the ball. It floated in the air towards Miku as she sat beside the goal. She jumped in the air, catching the ball in her hands. As she fell back to the ground, she threw the ball into the goal.

Fans screamed around us, cheering at the goal we had scored. Miku rushed past the goal keeper she had just scored on, who was the goalkeeper for our team, and jumped into my arms. We bounced up and down, cheering along with the crowd. 

The cheering turned to a repetitive sound of a single buzz. Soon the dream faded to black and I opened my eyes. I found myself starring at my beside table where my phone buzzed. I sat up, wondering who was calling me so early in the morning.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Nari?" A voice questioned.

"De." I answered. The person on the other end giggled.

"Did I wake you up? Sorry. This was the only chance I would get to call you. It's Jungkook by the way." My eyes that had fallen shut again shot open and, surprisingly, I was wide awake.

"Hey! No, it's okay. I've gotten enough sleep the past couple of weeks." It had been two weeks since I'd gotten my concussion. I still couldn't remember how I got it but it didn't really matter now anyway. Within those two weeks, Jungkook would occasionally come over and hang with me to keep me entertained. The rest of the time though, I just slept since it didn't hurt my head and sleep is always nice. "What's up?" I asked, wondering why he was calling me so early.

"Do you have any plans for later?" Jungkook asked.

"Nope. I'm free the whole day. Unless Miku drags me off somewhere," I answered. 

"Good. I was wondering if you wanted to come to our concert tonight," Jungkook stated.

"What?! You didn't tell me you had a concert! Of course I want to go! When is it?" Jungkook hadn't shared much with me about his idol life, more of his personal life. I knew the Jeon Jungkook, not the BTS Jungkook. It'd be interesting to see this side of him.

"The concert starts at 6:00, but I want you to come early. Can you come around 2:00? You can bring Miku along with you," Jungkook pleaded. I was already bouncing in my bed, anticipating the next few hours.

"Of course! Yay! I'm so excited!" I squealed. Jungkook's laugh sent shockwaves through me, making me smile more.

"You've played at the Olympic Stadium before, right?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah."

"So you know the back way to get in, right?"

"Yep."

"Okay, enter through the back way and if you meet anyone who stops you, just tell them 'lamb skewers'."

"Lamb skewers?" I bent over, laughing. Jungkook also softly laughed from the other end of the phone.

"Yeah. It was the only thing I could think of. So, you're going to be there? 2:00. Right?"

"Yep. 2:00. Back entrance. Olympic stadium. Code word: Lamb skewers." I held in a laugh as I finished my sentence.