Chapter 6

Walking towards the castle, my demon senses were tingling. There was a dark aura surrounding the place and I was half tempted to tell the team they shouldn't go in.
One thing stopped me- I could still sense the young nobleman in there and he was alive.
The path leading up to the castle was in a clear state of disuse. Reeds and roots littered the ground and leaves from many autumns left un-raked were among them.
The castle itself was a magnificent structure, massive with spiralling turrets out from the main building. Old marble statues were leaning out from the walls perhaps once friendly and inviting now cold and mocking.
"Well isn't this a nice place?" Said Laxus sarcastically.
"Laxus, there is a dark aura surrounding this place but I can still sense the nobleman's life from inside." I said finally deciding to voice my fears.
"Okay blondie. If you can lead us to the nobleman, we can go straight in and straight out without too much trouble."
"Okay, I'll try."
Snake coiled himself tighter around my shoulders giving me comfort as we continued the long walk up the path.

"Open gate of Acedia, Abaddon!" I yelled deciding to summon one of my demons.

"Hey Luce" said the demon floating on her usual chaise... lazy ass.

"Hi Abaddon, could you please stay on guard and if you hear anyone coming I need you to use nightmare on them okay?"

"y......eah" she replied while yawning"

"Thanks..." I replied rolling my eyes glancing back at Laxus.

Abaddon was another one of my demon keys she comes from the gate of Acedia and is the demon of Sloth. She is also very powerful contrary to what her demeanour denotes. Nightmare is one of her powers- she makes people fall into a deep sleep filled with nightmares that slowly consume them until nothing else remains.

We finally arrived at the great oak doors leading to the castle. The metal knockers had rusted terribly and the wood was rotted almost thoroughly the state of disuse this castle was in was further shown when we entered through the rotted doors.

Vines and smashed pots where the first thing that greeted us from our space in the antechamber. As we moved further into the mansion the full state of disrepair the place was in overwhelmed us all and surrounded us with a aura of evil making the hair on the backs of our necks stand on end.

There where chaise's where the upholstery had been torn off so the cushioning hung on the floor looking like the frothing of a violent ocean. Pictures and old family portraits torn and hanging of the wall- some had even been stuck through the candelabra. All in all, this place was as abandoned as any place I'd ever seen and yet i couldn't help the uneasy feeling of prying eyes that I still had.

"we should split up, the quicker we cover this place and find the guy, the quicker we can leave." Laxus said causing us all to nod our agreement.

Freed took the north wing, Bixlow the east, Ever the west and Laxus the south. that left me and Snake to cover the ground floor.

Making my way slowly into what i assumed was once the kitchen, I heard the scraping sound of metal against metal. Getting scared I decided it was best to be safe than sorry "Requip, Dark God Armour!" in a flash, my strongest suit was on and I instantly felt more assured. Turning slowly around I came face to face with a black mass in the shape of a human.

"Hello" it hissed out its voice sounding detached and snake like.

"um hi?" I said cursing myself at the scared tone my voice held.

"The mistress has returned I must let masssster know" It said again this time sounding ecstatic and especially crazy.

"yeah, you do that I'll just be going this way now..." I said trying to inch my way around the creature. thinking I'd succeeded, I made my way towards the door against the far wall and thats when I made my final mistake: I turned to look back at the creature to make sure it wasnt following and saw it was no longer there. turning my head back towards the door, I was met with the black body as I walked into it. Regardless of my Dark God Armour, I felt a coldness overcome me like no other then instantly the world went black. 

Before I blacked out, I heard the creatures final words to me "Mistress cannot leave again. Not ever."

a.n~..... okay, I have returned from hibernation... I'm sorry it took me forever I had really bad writers block and could not for the life of me think how to progress this story! Hope this was okay and hopefully the next one will be up quicker. As always thank you for reading!