Chapter 3 - Why Don't You Love Me?

Chapter 3 – Why Don’t You Love Me?

            Cooper felt the broad shoulder man’s strong hand wrap around his neck and lift him off the ground. Air escaped his lungs as the demon carried him across the room and dropped him next to the girl on the rug. This didn’t seem to bother the other demons that continued to have their way with her. Gasping for air Cooper coughed then started to move to the door but the demon pushed Cooper back onto the rug.

            The two demons having sex with the girl stopped. She got up and glanced at Cooper, only for a second before grabbing her bra and sliding it on. One of the demons, his teeth now returned to normal, went over to a side table and lifted up some cash. The woman put her dress back on and took the money then left. The two other demons moved to put on underwear but kept their eyes on Cooper.

            “We don’t like prying eyes.” The broad shouldered demon whispered still standing above Cooper. ”So I’m going to rip yours out.” Quickly the demon bent down and clutched Cooper’s neck. Cooper kicked out and then he felt his arms pulled back. The two other demons had grabbed him and pinned him to the ground.

            “Stop!”  The fiery red head from the entrance entered the room. Her sequence dress twinkled in the dim light. “I said, stop Matthias.” She picked the broad shouldered demon up and threw him aside into the side table knocking the lamp over. “Bartley, Xander – you two know better.” The woman scowled and moved over to the armchair sitting down and crossing her long milky white legs.

            “Where is Tobalt?” Cooper gasped standing up. “He’s supposed to be here.”

            “I’m afraid we don’t know any Tobalt. It’s time for you to leave.” The redhead sternly ordered nonchalantly.

            “Are you the manager?” Cooper continued, he wasn’t leaving without some information.

            “She said it’s time to leave,” The bleached blond leaner demon, spat out.

            “Bartley, go tend the bar.” The woman whispered in a seductive manner. She pulled a cigarette from a pack on the table by the armchair. “Xander, help Matthias up. You’re next on the stage.” She lit the cigarette and took a deep drag.

            Cooper’s angry eyes kept on Matthias as Xander helped him out of the room.  Returning the cold stare Matthias flashed a sharp row of teeth in an attempt to scare Cooper. The click of the door shutting reminded Cooper why he was there. He turned his head back to the woman puffing her cigarette.

            “I am a co-owner of this club,” The woman answered. “Unfortunately I don’t have any of the information you want about this Tobalt.”

            “You’re lying.” Cooper spat back. “I’m not leaving-“
            “Yes, young man, you are leaving.” She stood up and moved to the door opening it to the dark staircase back to the club. “I know you won’t make the wrong decision.”

            “Listen, I just…my boyfriend he, well we broke up and I found this invitation.” Reaching into his pocket Cooper pulled out the postcard. The woman’s interest piqued suddenly.  “May I see that?” Holding it out the redhead grabbed it and smirked. She handed it back to Cooper and shook her head. “Have a good night.”

            Frowning, Cooper left the office and heard the door shut behind him. By the time he got back into the club Jake had drank himself into a stupor. Cooper moved over to the barstool that Jake barely kept his balance on and helped the muscled man off it. Not waiting to see if Matthias wanted to rip his eyes out, Cooper helped Jake back to his car.