Chapter 3: Chirp Chirp! I'm a Bird!

Entry 3:

"Hey, Koti! Can you come here?" I was sitting in my room on my new apple computer browsing the web when I heard Dean's desperate cry for Super Koti's help.

"To Infinity and beyond!" I yelled. I threw the laptop off my lap, quickly shoved my superman onesie on and ran full speed into the dining room where Dean was sitting on his own computer, iPhone in hand. He looked up at me and looked me up and down puzzled.

"Um, I was going to give you the boy's phone numbers for tomorrow." He looked so weirded out by me. But this is me when I've been holed up for a day investigating my competition for the surf comp.

"Oh. So you're not a damsel in distress?" I asked sadly. Dean laughed.

"No, sorry Koti." He chuckled. Dean handed me a sheet of paper with a few phone numbers and names scribbled on it, and Lilli came in.

"Dean may not be a damsel in distress, but I am." Lilli came in and threw herself onto Dean, and began to eat his face.

Or as normal people call it, kiss.

Things were getting really heated, to the point where Dean actually let out a little moan. I stifled a laugh.

"Okay, thanks and have fun." I said awkwardly. They looked at me, and Lilli rolled her eyes, getting off Dean and leading him to another room. He followed her, under a complete spell, completely oblivious to anything but her. I sighed and walked back to my room, stripping off my onesie as I went, leaving me in just my boxer shorts and a tank top that was too small and made me look really fat.

I threw myself onto my comfy bed and pulled out my phone, to add the numbers in.

I typed in Taco, Jesse and Maxi's phone numbers and found pictures of them off the internet so in case I moved away I would know who they were and why I had their numbers. I hesitantly clicked on Taco's, and began to type in a message.

Hey Taco, it's Koti, apparently I am being picked up by you for a training session at Ours for comp prep. Call me maybe? Or text me maybe? I don't care. -Koti

I sent the message and waited for a reply. I logged onto my laptop and got onto Facebook, checking through the stupid statuses that my various cousins and family members post about reunions and stuff I was missing. To be honest, I hadn't seen a family member for over 2 years. Not even my parents.

Jesus, I am heartless.

About five minutes into my bored scrolling through newsfeeds, when my phone bleeped.

Oh, hey Koti. Yeh I think Dean said something like that. We're heading out at about 10, we'll swing by and get you at about quarter past. -Taco

Cool, it's a bit early, but whatever. I can make it. Anything to go surfing with some sexy lifeguards that I met in a coffee shop.

I continued to check stuff up on the internet, browsing through random stuff, checking in with some friends who had been messaging me about the surfing competition at Bronte and informing me about the scout.

Don't they know that I'm already on top of it?

Duh. I'm a local.

********

Later that night, I donned my pyjamas and curled up in bed with my bunny rabbit build-a-bear, who I had had since I was about seven. She's pretty messed up. A couple of holes, head is a bit deflated, the usual.

I turned out the lights and fell asleep.

In the morning, I was woken to furious knocking on the door. I checked my alarm clock.

HOLY SHIT! 9.20! I was supposed to be up an hour ago to get ready for Taco.

"Koti! We need to leave!" I heard the person at the door yelling. Yep, he's here.

"Just a minute!" I yelled back. The knocking subsided, and I ran around my room pulling on clothes. I jumped into my bikinis and shoved a wetsuit in a bag because I hadn't even checked the forecast for today, shoved a pair of old white converse on my feet, put my hair in a ponytail, grabbed my surfboard and ran out the door. Forgetting my keys.

"Hey Koti, ready to-"Taco started but I interrupted him.

"Crap. Keys. Need keys." I wouldn't normally need keys, but since Dean is working and Lilli is out for the day with some girlfriends, I need keys.

I ran back inside, grabbed the silver keys from the key bowl, dashed back outside and jumped into the back seat of Taco's station wagon next to Jesse. Puffing hard, I dumped my stuff in his lap so I could catch my breath.

"Um, hi." He said awkwardly. Once I was sure I was able to breathe again, I spoke.

"Hey Jesse." I grabbed my stuff off him and Taco climbed into the car.

"Hi Koti!" Maxi chirped from the front passenger seat. I grinned.

"Sup Maxi!" I chirped back to him.

Ha-ha, I chirped. Chirp Chirp! I'm a bird!

"You're a what?" Asked Jesse.

Oh, aha, whoops. I must have said that out loud.

"Yeh you did." Taco added.

Jesus I need to stop speaking my thoughts.

"Yeh you do." Maxi said with a chuckle.

"Alright! Shoosh!" I said annoyed at myself. They all rolled their eyes and Taco started the car and drove us to Ours. Maxi turned the radio on, and Guy Sebastian's new song Like a Drum came on.

"Oh my god, I love this song!" I yelled. I wound down the window and began to belt out the lyrics. I think the boys were all a bit weirded out by me. By the time we reached the beach, I was still singing strong, except the boys joined in with me. We got out of the car, laughing and grabbed the boards. I was about to jump down onto the sand when I heard my phone ring. It rung a ringtone I hadn't heard since I moved away to live with Lilli. I froze and reached into my bag. I picked up the phone and held it about a metre from my face. Taco noticed I wasn't keeping up with them and turned around.

"Koti, you coming?" He asked, puzzled. I gulped and nodded.

"Uh, yeh. You go on ahead, I need to take this call." I said nervously. He turned away, confused and I stared at my phone that was blaring out a dubstep version of little things by One Direction. Hesitantly, I clicked the accept button and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked into the mobile. A familiar slightly high-pitched voice of a man answered my greeting.

"Koti! Is this you?" It asked. I gulped. It was who I thought it was. And it wasn't good.