The Washing Machine

*Reality*

The weekend started just like any other. I woke up at around 11 a.m., went downstairs, and got some breakfast. It was an unusually quiet Saturday morning which I thought was very odd until all of the sudden my two little brothers, Logan and Tristan, came running into the kitchen. They were fighting, but I've been used to that for almost two years now.

*Emma's Pov*

My names Emma and I'm 15, originally from Australia but was adopted by the family I am now living with for almost two years. Secretly, I can't wait until I'm out of the house and have some independence. Don't get me wrong I love this family but some freedom would be nice. My adoptive mom always tells me how," The real world's scary out there and I'm only trying to protect you." I don't think she realizes that I'm very used to the real world. I've been passed from home to home. This is the longest I've ever had a "real family." 

*Reality*

My adoptive mom walked into the kitchen, beaming. "Guess what Emma?", she said. "What?", I replied. "I've decided to give you some independence and freedom, like you always talk about. Tonight you are babysitting a little girl. She just turned three and her name is Darcy." "Umm.. Sorry but this is you're idea of freedom?" , I asked sarcastically. She told me to stop sassing and I did. I stood there, quiet. She told me to get ready because we are leaving in an hour. 

*Emma's Pov*

Ok.. I'm sorry but this is not how I pictured my Saturday night! I don't want to babysit anyone but anything's better then being locked up in this crazy house. 

*Reality*

I finished getting ready. I normally don't wear makeup but I figured why not. I applied just a little mascara, eyeliner, and some blush. I have to admit I looked pretty good. It was a little past 12 and I could hear my mom yelling at me from downstairs. "Hurry up Emma!! We were supposed to be there already." I grabbed my bag and stuffed some gum, chap stick, a book, and a magazine in it and raced down the stairs. We walked out the door and plopped into the car. My mom started talking about manners and junk like that. I admit, I zoned out a few times and started nodding my head to look like I was paying attention. 

*Emma's Pov*

I was actually kind of nervous. I'm not exactly sure why but I was...