Shelter

Waiting for it to turn night was so boring. I couldn't spy not even sleep without hearing a loud noise to alert me. Standing up i leaned against the log of the tree listening very hard to make sure no humans would stop by.

"Babe can we please stop and rest please" a female voice pleaded sounding exhausted. "Almost give us maybe 10 more steps" a male exhausted voice asked trying to convince his mate to wait.

Going behind the log seeing that i dragged bular and i up on a little hill. Seeing the 2 humans there vunerable was an easy kill to eat. Getting low on the ground going on all fours crawling in the shadows of the trees.

The two couple were sitting on a cliff edge, so they couldn't run that way perfect i thought getting my body lower to the ground. Being inches from them i stood up almost full height from the tree. The female saw me first screaming her head off. The male looked at me screaming too trying to run.

Grabbing their necks i looked into their eyes while their hands tried to tear my stone skin hands off their necks. Squeezing hard i broke their necks killing them instantly. "Finally" i growled. Turning around, i began to walk back to bular to give him something to eat.

Finding the tree again, but bular was awake trying his stubbornness trying to get up even though he's in severe pain. Walking up behind him he looked at me with anger over his face knowing that i was going to make him sit back down.

"Here." i growled shoving the male human in his hand. He looked down at the human then stuffed it down his throat from being so hungry. We must have been out for a couple of days then i thought. Eating my human i looked over the hill from under the closest tree i could. "We need metal;then, we can get the blasted troll hunter" i growled "sister let us find shelter first; then, will we get the troll hunter, and not turn to stone like we almost did on that bridge" bular growled.

"Whatever" i growled crossing my arms over my chest. The sunset was kinda beautiful..it was too pink to my liking, but there were beautiful oranges and yellows in the mix with a little bit of purple.

Bular laid against the log of the heavy tree breathing kinda hard from his stunt of standing up. I wish he would listen, but we never do i thought making me chuckle at it. Remembering mine and bular's first training lesson with father.

~Flash Back~

Me and bular were in training for the war of the top lands the humans use or the 'good' trolls use. We were about 6 turning 7 getting our swords and sheaths for the first time from father.

"Listen to me well son and daughter you'll have to battle for me to win this battle or war you could call it between trolls and gom gum's, but we will win!" father said with high hopes in his voice.

I looking up at my father listening very closely to him my long hair that goes in a ponytail now. "Now follow my every movement" father demanded. We did as told following his every moves.

~End of Flashback~

Clearing my thoughts of the memory with father and brother i decided to walk back to the tree with bular to rest for the last 20 minutes of day.

Getting night we searched every nook and cranny for a place to stay. I began to run ahead to look faster, to end up running into a mountain side i couldn't see in the night. Falling back i landed on my butt shaking my major head rush i got from hitting the mountain side.

Bular caught up with me seeing me on the floor. "Klutz" he chuckled walking forward to look around the mountain side. Standing back up, i followed him around looking closely at the wall. "Here" bular said as his hand sunk into the mountain side knowing that was a pocket.

Grabbing a stick and 2 rocks i lit the stick on fire to look. The cave was tiny it would only be big enough for one of us plus the metal inside the cave worked as well. "Here take the cave i'll take outside again for one more night until we can find more humans to eat, and make this place bigger for us.