Chapter 15: Secrets Never Told

Rue's POV

Now, I was plain freaking out. I tried to keep cool, but so many things went through my mind. I think I'm more freaked out by this than I was when Alexis found out...! Okay, clam down. "Hello, class!" Mr. Gato said as he took his place in front of the rows of desk. "Today, we have two new students with us. Allen, Quinn, why don't you interdict yourselves?" A girl and boy from the back stood up and walked up to Mr. Gato. I didn't listen to the two talk about there selves. Too many questions about the note filled me. So when lunch time came, it seemed like the best thing ever. In the middle of lunch, I finally decided to ask. I pulled the note out of my pocket. "Did one of you write this?" I asked showing everyone expect Alexis the note. One by one, the shook their head. "Where's Henry?" I asked quickly. I jumped out of my seat and started looking for him. "Don't you want to finish you-" A started, but I had already walked off to find Henry. He's got to know something. I found him at a table that was on the other side of the cafeteria as my table. I tapped Henry on the shoulder and nodded toward the hall. "I'll be right back," he said to his friends and we walked on to the hall. "Do you know about this? What the heck is a 'Royal Watcher'?!" I asked Henry. Henry blushed. "Magic...." he whispered. "I-I'll tell you tonight." And on the way back to the cafeteria, he was mumbling, "Magic.... Thought she knew...!!" And now, of course, I couldn't wait till after school. And when that time came, I practically dragged Henry out to the car. As soon as the school was out of sight, I started talking. "Answer. The. Questions!" I demanded. Henry sighed. "Magic." I looked at him, confused. "Magic?" I asked. "Magic," Henry repeated. Even though he was driving, I pinched Henry. "Ow!" He yelped. Luckily, the car stayed straight. I pinched myself to wake up from the stupid dream.

Ow!!!

This is... real?! I'm insane... "Do you remember what kingdom you ruled?" Henry asked. I paused. "No..." I mumbled. "It's the kingdom of Humpoli. A kingdom full of wizards and witches and other magical beings. Just like my kingdom, Golop Qui," Henry told me quickly. "And you're magical. And so am I." I looked down at my hands and started waving them around. "Magical...?" I repeated. "Repeat after me, and out your hands in front of you," Henry said. I put my hands in front of me, obediently, even though I looked like a idiot. "Car hippitous, homena!" Henry. I stared at Henry for a second, and obeyed. "Car hippitous, homena!" I yelled. All of sudden, we were at the house. "Whoa!" I yelled. I looked at my hands. "Why didn't my parents tell me?" I asked. "They were going to after the - the play date type thing we had," Henry said, while getting out the car. I got out the car, my knees shaking, my head spending, still processing my "magic" thing. Henry walked in the house with me behind. We sat in the living room as Henry went over basic spells. Magic. Still I was confused on how this happened. After we finished basic spells, I literally yelled, "I can't wait to tell my friends!" Henry quickly shook his head. "No! You can't tell anyone!!!" Henry yelled. "Why?" I asked. I felt like a 8-year-old again, with the dumb plan I had. "Because no one can know about magic." "Why?" "Because they'll attack the magic kingdoms." "Why?" "Because people will be afraid of magic." "Why?" "Because it's unknown."

"Why?"

"Ok, SHUT UP!!!" Henry had finally cracked. And so had I. Burst up laughing. My eyes skitted over to the window behind Henry. There, sitting in a tree, was a person with a white mask around their head. I could tell if it was a boy or girl because their hair was either really short, or pulled up behind. But everything expect the mask was black. And something bothered me. Their floating!! I gasped and stood up. Henry looked at the window. But before he stood up, I blinked.

And they were gone.

The Royal Watcher's POV

She knows. He knows. It's only a matter of time before she perfects her magic. But that can't happen. I could hear Princess Rue and Prince Henry coming out. I quickly mutter a teleporting spell and ended up 3 miles away. I have to make my move. Before she's strong enough to stop me.

Ohh! What's the Royal Watcher? You should have picked up the hints by now... he he he...😏