Chapter 1: Ninjas from the Unknown Land

The Fifth Kazekage was at his office as usual when a knock sounded on the door. He started and looked at it. His brother, Kankuro, had entered. He seemed anxious. Gaara guessed something was wrong.

"What happened?" he asked in a calm tone nevertheless.

"Strange ninjas were spotted from the Suna Anbu here on our territory," Kankuro replied. "They seem to be heading here, to our village."

"What's so strange about them? Where are they from?"

"That's the strange thing, we couldn't guess where they were from."

"What else?"

"They're looking for you."

Now Kazekage widened his eyes.

"Oh... Did they harm anyone?"

"Nah." Kankuro scratched the back of his head. "They defended themselves from our Anbu but didn't really harm them, you know? Weird ones they were."

"What was their ninja sign?"

"Sort of... fir needle?" Kankuro shrugged. "I have no clue what village that sign belongs to."

"Really strange..." Gaara fell into his thoughts. "Anyway, I think this matter needs further investigation. It shouldn't be left unattended. I will meet those ninjas and find out what they want. You will follow me, as well as Temari!"

"Alright!"

Thus, the brothers took their sister and went on. They left their village under the guard of the Suna Council. Kankuro was guiding the team.

"So, Kankuro, how many of those ninjas did you and the Anbu detect?" Temari asked.

"Eight of them. They didn't seem to have any special power, though, and didn't show threat. The fact that they wanted to see Gaara drove me a little suspicious, so I came back to tell you both about it."

"We will see who they are," Gaara said.

They noticed how the Suna Anbu were fighting eight strange ninjas, just as Kankuro had reported. All of them wore ninja bandanas with fir-needle signs on them and were strangely dressed - in black clothes, black boots, and different-coloured cloaks. The eldest among them, a girl, had a white cloak. The eldest boy, a year younger than the white-cloaked girl, wore a black cloak. Another ninja, who had hidden his face with a grey veil and a samurai hat, wore a grey cloak and wielded a huge, heavy sword with strange symbols on it. His sword was fractal-shaped, resembling a fir-tree. The other three ninjas were girls, one with a black ponytail and a light green cloak, the other with a black braid and a red cloak, and the third, the youngest among them, with black twin tails and an orange cloak. The two youngest ninjas seemed to be twins - a boy with a black ponytail and a dark blue cloak, and a girl with long straight hair and a light blue cloak. This similar appearance of theirs indicated that they should be in the same team.

Gaara didn't lose his composure, but he was surprised to see such strange ninjas on his territory. As Kankuro had said, their fighting style was weird too. Their fight against the Anbu wasn't actually a "fight", but rather defensive tactics in order not to get themselves caught or killed. They didn't harm the Anbu but defended themselves using different types of jutsu. When the three siblings approached them and the Anbu, they heard shouts from the eldest girl. She had long fire-coloured hair tied in a ponytail, whose bang was covering her right eye. She was the one wearing the white cloak. She used lightning moves.

"We mean no harm to you people!" she cried. "Let us see your Kazekage or whatever you call your lord! That's all we want - to see him, dummies, not to beat him up! Duh! Who are these strange people?" She turned to her teammates. "Still attacking?! I don't know how much we will hold out at this rate!"