Six

Milo woke up to the sound of his alarm, and slammed his hand on it hard. It was yet another day of school Milo despised so much, he dragged himself out of bed with a frown on his face. Still slow and tired from just waking up, his wings peeled themselves off Milo's shoulders and moved back and forth to adjust for a bit, before he lift himself from the wooden floor in his bedroom. He gathered up his school supplies in a hurry, and then made for downstairs where his parents were already waiting for him at the breakfast table.

"Good morning, Milo." The thought came from his mother, and Milo smiled at the both of them. "Morning," He replied, and sat down. A moment later, his younger brother appeared from the stairs. He was rubbing his eyes and his unclear thoughts about breakfast and homework drifted through Milo's mind, making Milo smile under his hand. Jazz sat down opposite of Milo, and without making any eye contact he grabbed his food from the table. Milo's brother could be fun and friendly if he wanted to, but mornings were usually not included.

Shared conversations mostly from his parents filled his head until finally, the voices of his friends outside made it's way into his mind.

"Milo! Hurry up, we're gonna be late." Skye, one of his classmates,yelled.

Shooting from his chair, Milo shoved his final spoon of dried fruit into his mouth and kissed his parents goodbye before flying out of the door. Before joining his friends outside he quickly checked his pockets for Logan's picture, but it was securely stuffed inside one of them. With a smile on his face he zipped his coat up and flew over to his friends. The three of them were standing just outside his garden, and when they saw Milo coming their wings appeared out of their shoulders, and they quickly made their way to school. Milo lived quite nearby, so within five minutes they were already seated in the small building with no more than seven classrooms.

"Welcome class, today I have some maths planned." His teacher announced to the whole class, and then his mind was clouded with groans and annoyed moans. This was going to be a long day.

When the bell rang a little over an hour later, the canteen was fairly empty except for Milo's table. Logan's picture lay on the surface and all the students were bend over to see it. There were way too many voices inside Milo's head to distinguish each one of them, but all of them sounded mesmerized, impressed, and jealous.

Not everyone saw a picture of an alien every day.

Milo's cheeks were glowing with pride when he had showed it, taking the picture out of his coat to look at it. He had told his friends all about it already, how its data came into the solaris now a little over 2 years ago, and how he hadn't been able to stop looking at it since then.

When he talked about Logan there was a blush spread over his face like he was embarrassed, and without thinking a word his friends all shared a look. The way he spoke about him made it obvious he had a crush on the alien boy, but he didn't want to admit it. He had never met the boy nor seen any other picture of him, let alone know where his home planet was. He was a stranger and Milo was embarrassed about his crush on him.

Therefore he kept his thoughts to himself, and by the end of the break he stuffed the photo in his pocket again and flew back to class. He sat in his chair with his hands folded on the table in front of him and didn't share a thought for the rest of the school day. Not even with Rei, who was shooting him concerned glanced the entire time.

After the final bell Milo still ignored him and flew home alone, where his parents had prepared him some tea. He drank it in silence and a little too fast so his tongue burned painfully when he finished it. But that was all because he wanted to rush to the rooftop, where he liked to lie every night.

The brown roof tiles weren't comfortable, they hurt Milo's shoulders and back and his wings were crying underneath his skin, but since Logan, lying on the rooftop had become the best feeling in the world.