Chapter Five

AHPOV

Mommy was sitting on the large bed. Daddy was behind her kneeling on the bed. I could see blood running down mommy's neck. There was also blood on daddys lips. His eyes were wide. He looked angry. How had he not heard the doorbell. Galina's eyes moved from daddy to mommy then back to daddy. She seemed... amused. That's a word right?

"Where are those papers?" Galina asked. Daddy growled.

"On the coffee table." Galina looked back. There were papers all over the table.

"I have a job for you Nathan. Your pets may be of use." I growled I couldn't help it.

"Shut it you brat." He hissed at me. I started crying. I couldn't help it. "What kind of job?" He asked. Galina smiled. Mommy was leaning on daddys chest. Her lips were on his neck. She looked like she was sleeping but I think she was awake.

"Vasalisa Dragmoir's been sighted four or five miles from here." Mommy's eyes shot open. Who was that? Her name sounded cool. Like a dragon. "I want you in the conference room in an hour." Galina spun on her heels. I ducked out of the way. Daddy's red eyes looked into my brown ones. I gulped.

"How many times have I told you: Don't open the god damn front door!" He shot up onto his feet. Mommy did the same but she looked like she would faint. She reached for the wall. She walked in front of me. I put my hands on her back. She should be sleeping. "Back away Rosemarie." He sounded like he wanted to kill me. There was a pause.

"No." I held my breath. Dad's eyes widened in surprise.

"No? NO!" Oh no.

RPOV

What had happened? I knew Strigoi were really possessive. I'd learned that. Their food was their food. No one touched it. No one interrupted them when they were eating. My head was spinning. My daughter was holding me right now. I could barely stand. My head was pounding. "No? NO!" Nathan was pissed. What had I said? Oh, I'd said no... wait I'd said no? This was bad. "You do realize who you're talking to? The endorphins haven't gone to your head?" They probably had but I wasn't going to say that.

"Leave her alone Nathan. She didn't do-" He cut me off.

"That brat has been getting in my way since she was born and I'm sick of it! You give her more attention in a day than I get from you in a week."

"She's a child! You made it very clear that you wanted nothing to do with her. I have all of the responsibility. If you're so pi-ticked off at her take it out on me not her. It's not her fault." Nathan growled. I had no idea how I was seeming so logical at the moment. Slowly my head was starting to clear but I still felt like I was about to vomit. Nathan growled at me.

"I'm revoking your privileges." He snapped. He grabbed my by the nape of the neck and threw me back on the bed. Oh. The headache was back. I ran to the door just as he pulled Alexandra back and slammed the door shut. I heard it lock.

"Damnit Nathan!" I screamed. "Let me out!"

NPOV

Rosie was really getting on my nerves. I could hear her banging on the door. If she ruined it I'd kill her. I seriously would. I looked down at my pint sized daughter and raised an eyebrow. She was shaking with fear. Alexandra. I really hated that name. Alex was ok for a boy. Not a girl. The door had finally gone quiet. My belt was sitting on the counter. Her eyes went wide. She actually made a bolt for the door. My eyes narrowed as I grabbed her around the waist and shoved her onto the couch.

"MAM-!" I put my other hand on her head and forced her face into the couch.

"Nathan think about what you're doing!" Rose yelled as I pulled up her shirt. I wacked her on the back. I didn't do it too hard. I knew I was strong. I wasn't really in the mood to kill her. I hit her again. And again. And again. When I finally let go of her she rolled onto the wooden floor and sobbed rather loudly. I rolled my eyes. I didn't feel any remorse. And anyway I had some business to attend to.

"You're late Nathan." Galina growled. I sighed.

"I had something to take care of." I said plainly. She nodded understanding. She hated the little brat almost as much as I did. I surveyed the room. There were five other Strigoi in the room. All of whom I did not know.

"Begin Sierra." She was the only girl in the group. Her long blonde hair was French braided to the side, revealing a few bite marks on her left neck. She was no older than a week.

"I saw her a Neweshick Hotel yesterday with two guardians and another Moroi." She said, her Russian accent thick. Neweschick Hotel was in the next hotel. It was popular for Strigoi as it had it's own Casino and lots of drunk people spending their money.

"Did you figure out who the others are?" She asked sounding bored. She had her arms crossed over her chest and was leaning against the wall. Her creator nodded, stepping forward.

"Christian Ozera, Edward Castile and Dimitri Belikov." I couldn't place any of the names on memory. Galina however was smiling.

"Dimitri Belikov?" She said pursing her lips.

"You're all dismissed. Sierra I want to see you tomorrow at this time. Do not forget." Everyone cleared out in a matter of seconds, leaving me alone with my boss.

"You know him?" I asked turning to her. She nodded.

"I was his mentor when he was a child. He's grown into quite a fighter. I'll be sending you with Rose-" I tensed.

"I've put her under house arrest at the moment." She rolled her eyes.

"What did she do Nathan? Hurt your ego?" I didn't respond.

"Why do you need her?" I said gruffly.

"Your pet was best friends with Vasalisa." She sighed. "If Vasalisa sees her, she's going to go after her. It's as simple as that." Not really. I started pacing.

"And if Rose doesn't cooperate?" Galina smiled and cocked her head to the side.

"Alexandra."