Chapter One

''Oh come on Renee, it's the last week of school holidays, we have to go with them'', I've been begging Renee to come camping with me and some of our friends, so here I am begging her some more.

''Lucy you know I don't like camping and the bugs, argh I hate it'', she replied in a whining tone.

''Well i guess i'm going on my own then'', I stated I while mopping around.

''Fine!!!'', she finally agreed.

''YAY, now we have to start packing the car and our bags, get the food ready, oh and buy a tent!'', I rushed out. I grabbed my phone and purse and took a hold of her hand and pulled her out the door. As we hopped into my small, red car I remembered we had to ask Katrina, Renee's mum, if she could come.

''What if your mum doesn't say yes?''

''We'll just have to sneak out I guess'', Renee said with a grin.

The rest of the drive on consisted of singing to every song that was played and dancing like maniacs. When we arrived at Target, we raced for the trolleys and went to the camping gear. We picked up a tent, light, sleeping bags, tarps and a camping oven.

''Will we need this?'', Renee picked up a unicorn night light that played a song for you.

''Defiantly'', I managed to say through my laughing.

As we reached the check out the cost for everything was over $100, thankfully I brought money from my birthday, that is just enough to pay for this a the food we will bring.

''Should we go to Coles or Woolworths?'', I asked, not sure which shop had the best value.

''Um I think Woolworths, seeing as its closer'', Renee replied as she walked into the large, food filled shop.

We grabbed all sorts of food like nutela, fruit loops, lollies, sausages, chips, fruit, vegetables and so on.

When we got to the car, we realized that there's no room in the car.

''Looks like your going to have to have bags on your lap'', I stated as Renee groaned picking the extra bags up and getting in the car.