28. Truth or dare? (Claire 2016)

A/N: This is dedicated to eml1002 coz you're awesome!

Claire POV 2016

"So, are we going to visit the castle tomorrow?" I ask breathlessly as I step into the room. I tremble slightly as I drag my suitcase in, following Alex closely behind.

My gaze instantly falls on the bed. I gulp visibly.

Queen size.

"Uhh.. not a twin room?" I ask in a low voice.

Alex grabs my luggage, goes to a wooden rack by the foot of the bed and put my luggage on it while keeping his on the floor. He smirks. I catch a reflection of myself from the dressing table's mirror by the bed and see how ghostly pale I am.

"Yes, we are and yes, it's not," he answers both my questions and looks up at me.

"I don't bite, you know. Well.. unless you want me to," he teases huskily. I gasp and turn away from him taking in the rest of the studio apartment, trying to hide my blush.

"I'll sleep on the sofa, you can take the bed," he said when he sees me gazing at the two-seater sofa.

"No! You already paid for everything, I'll sleep on the sofa," I insist. He takes a few steps in my direction.

"Claire, relax. Just enjoy yourself, okay? I'm not going to force you into anything," he said, taking my hands into his. His gaze falls on the marks on my arms from the rope burn. A look of anguish crosses his face; his long dark eyelashes flutter slightly.

"I'm sorry," he whispers as he caresses my arm. His gentle touch sends shivers down my spine, making my body tingle all over.

Why does he have to be so sweet?

"The van's here!" Our door open with a loud bang to Rory and Damien, hand in hand, grinning madly. Alex pulls away instantaneously, dropping my arms.

"Have you ever heard of a phone?" Alex growls, his teeth clenched.

"And miss any possible sex in action? That's like saying no to live porn," another voice comes from behind Damien. John.

"Gag!" Nora said, shoving her index finger in her mouth. I roll my eyes at her.

'The feeling's mutual', I want to tell her but keep my mouth shut.

Boy, is this going to be the holiday of a life time or what?

"Come on, chop! Chop! Eat first, unpack later, it's late!" Rory instructs, clapping her hands in two swift movement.

"Wait, you have our access card?" I ask, staring Damien in the eye.

*~*

"This isn't so bad, is it?" Alex asks as I sit down on the two-seater sofa in Rory and Damien's studio apartment. The layout is exactly like ours. We just came back from dinner and I have to agree, everybody was friendlier during dinner than previously. Nora included.

"No, it's not," I agree, smiling at him. He lets out the breath he was holding, glad that I like his friends so far. Well, except for Nora.

No matter how nice she is, that girl has some serious identity crisis. One minute she's nice, the next she's an evil warty five days old waffle. Just plain horrible.

"Claire," John calls my name. I glance up to look at him sitting on an extra large one arm couch with Nora's bare legs on his lap. She drapes her arms around his neck possessively.

"Do you want to play truth or dare?" he asks. I snort and laugh.

Who does that anymore?