Chapter 3

Emerald carried her friend to her box. There was just enough space for both of them to fit in. Before u could say friends Emerald was fast asleep. When Emerald woke up her friend was still sleeping. She slowly got out of her box without waking him up and decided to go find some food. After a long time of searching Emerald finally found a bag of cat kibble.

When Emerald got back, her friend was still sleeping. She ate some kibble then gave the rest to her friend. Emerald sat outside her box and thought whether she wanted to stay with her friend or not. Finally her friend -woke up. He sniffed the kibble then ate it. He then came out to sit with her. That's when Emerald decide to stay with him.Soon after Emerald found out that he was called Owen

Emerald and her friend did everything together and slept in the same box for ages! Then one day things changed, Emerald was pregnant. Days and days passed, then one day when Owen went to out to get food for Emerald, he didn't come back. By morning Emerald decide to go look for Owen.

She looked in his favorite spots like the dump behind Jessie's fish pizza , there was always left over fish there, but when Emerald got there Owen wasn't there. She found his scent though. Emerald followed Owen's scent until she got to his favorite mellow. Then Emerald found Owen laying on the ground with a pool of blood around him.

Emerald went closer to Owen, a strong scent of iron filled Emerald's nose, her legs felt heavy . She knew he was gone. He will never come back. 

Owen was shot by a hunter. Emerald should not be here she ran. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her and she babies, until she got to the dump behind Jessie's fish pizza, that's when she fell of exhaustion.

The next morning when emerald woke up she wasn't at the dump, she looked around. Emerald was on a pile of blankets! This was not normal she thought. Emerald continued to look around. While Emerald was sniffing around another cat appeared.

It was Jessie, at least that's what she thought his name was, after all Owen did say the restaurant was named after him. Jessie was entirely black darker than the night sky. His eyes were diamond blue and looked very stern, but kind.

~author's note ~ 

I might just stop here if I can get this to 20 reads or if you really want me to keep writing i will continue but for now no ones reading this so yahhhhhh.