chapter 1

Chapter 1 - power out.

I was alone, but never truly alone.
I was desolated, but I had friends.
I my life was quiet, but not for long.

I smiled under my blankets as the warm sunlight invited me back to reality. My curtains welcomed the rays of sunlight into my room, magnifying every inch of my walls. That was one of the joys of having your window face the sunrise. I propped myself up onto my bed, not wanting to release any of the heat from under my soft woollen blanket, but I soon realized that the sun rays were already warming up my skin. My life was so peaceful, nothing like those scary movies about living alone in the woods, because even though you get the occasional howl from the wolves as they praise the magnificent moon in all its glory... At least I think that's what they do, I'm not really sure. I googled it but I forgot. In my head, the sun was a warm sweet strong girl, who wasn't afraid of showing her feelings and opinions, but the moon was a shy mysterious man who rarely showed his true feelings, usually only once a month but is still strangely alluring. I, am like the sun. Warm, creative thinker, kind sweet, blah blah blah blah, and the moon is just a mysterious figure popping out from the horizon and disappearing back to his cave. I felt the familiar vibration of my phone next to my lap, and quickly let my fingers reach the screen. They had been itching to fall across the keys and continue writing my novel. I know it was no where near finished but after I got bored and messed around on a story writing app it reignited my passion for writing and now I'm already writing a novel, well... Its more of a cheesy love story, but it still counts right? I moved my fingered effortlessly across the screen as I checked my messages and saw that I had a few messages from friends, but one anonymous message from... Life_alone3601? What a weird username. Well then again, mine is kittylover03.... What? I have three cats! How could I not be a kitty lover? Plump, marshmellow and skittle. Yeah I'm also a huge fan of sugar as well. Anyway, the message said the woods is s dangerous place don't you think? Obviously I ignored this, but I couldn't help notice the nagging at the back of mind that was screaming something at me that I couldn't decipher, but I knew it was a warning.

Pushing away those thoughts, I headed down stairs to have some breakfast. After I was comfortably sat on my sofa with my legs crossed, laptop in my lap, I went strate to Wattpad. It was boring out here and I was working on a story, even though I already have weeks of writing that I can't publish yet.

After a long day of... Eat, read, write, feed cats, eat, so on so on... I was reading to power down my brain and Finnish off a book I found, it was called torn apart. I sat ready and prepared to find out whether they would finally kiss, when everything around me went black. I looked back to my computer. Error loading media. Great, a black out. I carefully lifted my laptop off my lap and headed towards my window. I quietly opened it and poked my head out. No rain, no thunder, not even wind. What could have caused the black out then? It usually only went out when there had been a drastic change in the climate. Puzzled, I closed my window and headed to my door. I looked outside, but soon realized there was no way I would make it to the power box, it was pitch black. Disappointed, I slipped my head back inside and locked my door. Suddenly, I heard an unexpected bang on the window that I previously looked out of. In shock, I stumbled over to my window, astonished by what I saw... Pressed up against my window, was a man in a black hoodie with a strange mask, the type you would see in a purge movie. I took a step back, but he took that as encouragement, because he stepped back, and revealed a hand that had been concealed behind his back. The hand had a gun.. A fricking gun. He lifted it up close to his face and looked at it. Then he started waving it around devilishly, nodding his head. I shook my head frantically, rushing over and locking the window.

"No please..." I pleaded. He turned his head, as if studying me. Shortly after he nodded his head again.

I was in the dark with a potential killer.... What was I gonna do?

welcome to my first horror book!! I don't know how this is gonna go but let's just hope it does as well as my other book which as of now has 69 reads. Remember to click *vote* to support this story!! Goodbye!! :-)