Chapter Thirteen

"Kenya Heartfilia you look quite drowsy today. Stay after class" Blood all over Kenya's body rushed to her head.

"I-is that enough reason, sir?" Although she was stammering, she was able to ask.

For the past few days, Kenya did her best to avoid Imran Gavdasco. His very existence made her want to be sucked in into a void.

Maybe she did a huge mistake by looking at him to study his behavior. From totally evading him for a few days she totally turned around and gave him a glare since yesterday. She wondered why he was acting like he was not affected at all, but everytime their eyes met, it seems like he was being burned.

Was it her changes of behavior made him act courageous today? Did he think that her, recognizing his presence means that she was giving her a permission to get closer to her?

"Yes, and there's a lot of things in the faculty to get your mind moving, it will help your sleepy head"

He resounded confidently. She could not argue back anymore, specially in front of many other students. In her peripheral vision, she caught Abrianna giving her a side glances while smiling mockingly.

Abrianna probably wanting to celebrate because she would experience again, how terrorizing her Math teacher. Imran Gavdasco, when it comes to disciplining the students and even the faculty members of this school, no one can match him

Kenya felt heated up on Abrianna's sudden sneer. She hated it when a people like Abrianna get to have a chance to make fun of other people's misery.

Feeling both defeated and annoyed at the same time, she chose to lower her head. This teacher and her classmate Abrianna were the one's she does not like seeing in her everyday life in her new school.

That man was giving her an uncomfortable feeling. Just thinking about him and her alone in a room again, making her feel a cold sweat on her back. On the the other hand, the thought of Abrianna's satisfied glance at her earlier makes her feel a little bit confident to face her math teacher. Her annoyance and irritation to this woman has reached its peak or so she tried to do so, to be more annoyed to Abrianna than she really feel.

Maybe through aggravating the hate she was feeling towards her bitch classmate would give her courage and strength to face an another time alone with Mr. Imran.

The math class has ended like the time was running in a hurry. Even the clock is taunting her through running faster than it should be when she wanted something to end.

Averin and Terrence looked at her. They are asking her through their eyes if they should wait for her outside, afraid that they would make unnecessary sounds or just go to their respective classes.

Just like any other students, all of them started to avoid and to not get on his way or even get noticed by him. A circulating rumors that when he caught an eyesore, he would put them in detention. The students must complete the number of community service hours to lift up their violations, if they don't, they won't be able to graduate or go to next school level.

No one could complain about this policy because all of the students in this school signed up for this kind of discipline. In exchange for this hard made school policies, their future Universities will be coordinated for a vacant slots to enroll.

From Erin, I have heard that this school was a public school few years ago, then it become a semi-public school. This year, since a castle like structure has been built to accommodate a much better learning experience for the students, this school is announcing silently that it will be a private school, sooner or later.

When Imran Gavdasco's class ended, an announcement that every senior students must gather inside the auditorium room A. This room is inside the new built building, Club building, to be precise.

A herd of senior year students starts march outside the classrooms and towards to the said place. Outside, a voice of some teachers can be heard, shouting at the students to move quietly.

Kenya on the other hand did not move a single step away from her seat. Although she does not want to be left alone with Imran, she told Averin and Terrence to go ahead. The way Imran look at the both of them, Terrence and Averin, is disapproving enough.

If she try to keep them, the other people might notice it and make a fuss. She does not want to harbor any new attention from anyone. The gaze that her teacher was already giving her was already intimidating.

Kenya and Terrence both hesitated. Imran saw this and decided to interfere their conversations through eyes.

"Miss Kenya, come with me to the faculty, there's a lot of things to prepare for the auditorium"

Kenya gulped as she look at Imran. She could not escape at all.

"Save a seat for Miss Kenya, she will be joining you after the preparation"

Terrence and Averin looked at Imran and shook their heads. Kenya look at both of them, hoping they will at least try to join her from the task so she would not be left alone with this guy, but things seems does not go the way she wanted it to happen.

Averin and Terrence looked at her, she smiled, then they left for the auditorium. Imran spat an eye on her and started to walk. Her frozen body started to walk slowly to follow Imran. She tried to keep the distance from him farther but also keep up on his pace, enough to stay at his back.

The corridor was still filled with noisy students, chattering about how beautiful the Auditorium A. On their way to Faculty, they crossed path with her science teacher, Miss Naska.

"Hi sir Imran! Are you prepared for your speech?" The brazen woman smiled seductively at him. She could not see his face as she stayed at his back following him, but she could feel the coldness and emotionlessness through his words

"I've never been unprepared"

This guy is really something. She was amazed on how confident he is. Kenya thought, if she only have at least a quarter of his confidence, then, she would not feel this incompetence.

At least, there would be a possibility that she would be as timid and naive as she is right now if someone tries to harass her.

"Excused us, we need to gather some papers needed there" Imran continued

That was the only time when her Science teacher noticed her. She gazed at Kenya from head to toe in squinted eyes like she was sizing her up.

Imran moved to block her from Miss Naska's gaze and said...

"Do you need something else?"

Naska was a bit started by his rude tone when he asked Miss Naska.

In crimson face, Naska walked away after nodding at Imran.

When they had reached the the faculty, she noticed that it was all empty. The teachers must have leave for the announcement or sort of, in the auditorium.

Rolling her eyes all around, Kenya felt vulnerable on about would happen.