Cнapтer 13

Alison POV

Two weeks passed, and I was finally released out of the hospital. Freddy's mom had driven us home, and she said that she had to go back to work since she missed too much already.
I was in the living room drawing something, while Freddy was making us some sandwiches. He walked into the room with two plates and he set them down on the table.
He eyed my drawing.

"Are you sure you want to go to Houston in the future?" He asked. I looked at him, and I saw two things: Hope. And worry. I furrowed my eyebrows, and I smiled. "Freddy, look you know how much this means to me. Besides, I have like five years left, I'll probably change my mind by then." I said.
He smiles a little, and there's a knock on the door.

We both pause our conversation and look at the door. Freddy peaks through the window, and raises a brow. He unlocked the door and opened it.
A mail man stood at the door with mail in his hands. "Um, are you Freddy Huerto?" He asked. Freddy nodded, and the man handed him the envelope. Freddy nodded, and the man left. He closed the door, and sat down next to me. "Who's it from?" I asked. Freddy's eyes widened slightly.

"I-it's from Jessica," he said. I took a sharp breath, and stared at the floor. Jessica was one of my childhood friends, along with Freddy. The three of us hung out all the time, until she moved. Then, last year she came back, only to break the friendship me and Freddy had tried so hard to keep.
"Oh," is all I say. He tore open the envelope, but I caught his wrist. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked. He shrugged, and continued to open the letter.

He unfolded the piece of paper, and handed it to me after he read it.

Dear Freddy and Alison,
I've decided to host a Halloween costume party at my house this upcoming weekend. I hope you two can come, especially since I've feeling been so guilty about breaking you two up. You can come to the party dressed as anything, and I do mean anything.
                                                         Sincerely, Jessica

"Wow," I said. After a moment of silence, Freddy spoke up. "So... are we going?" He said. I stared at the paper in my hand, and silence consumed us. "I'll think about it," I mumbled. Freddy frowned, and nodded. He took a bite out his sandwich when I jumped. "Fine! We'll go! But, only if you pay for the costumes!" I said.
Freddy sighed dramatically, "fine! I'm gonna be moneyless because of you!" He said.

Monday

"A costume party?" Lawrence said. "Something seems fishy," he says. Zach nods.
"Oh, that's probably me. I had fish for breakfast," Mr. Finn says. Summer furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Who has fish for breakfast?" She asks. Zach shakes his head, "that's not the point. Look, are we going or not?"

Tamika smiles, "well, I think we should go. We might not get another chance." We all nod. "Okay, then its settled! We'll go to the party!" Summer says.
I smiled.
"Great! I'll see you all this Friday!"