Worth

Chresanto-

"Hi, is this Christopher?"

I asked.

"Yes, may I ask who is speaking?"

A deep voice answered.

"I'm Chresanto, my moms name was Yolanda"

"Oh, Yeah,how is Yolanda, I haven't speaked to her in about 16 years"

I stayed silent for a second.

"Uhm, she gave me a note and told me to call you, your last name is August,right?

"Yes, but I don't understand wh----"

"Your my dad"

I said bluntly.

"No I don't think I am, our relationship only lasted for about 3 or 4 months, we started dating in January of '97. She never told me she was pregnant.

I thought she got married or something after we broke up"

"My birthday is July 23, you wouldn't have been their anyway for me, she was pregnant all that time and probably didn't want to tell you"

"Let me speak to Yolanda"

He said,

"She passed away a couple hours ago, were at Christians hospital, come if you want"

I said, then I hung up.

Jacob-

We can't do nothing for him, he is hurting right now. I can only think of one person who would make him happy, I had to.

I walked out if the room and went outside of the building.

Mariah- hello?

Jacob- hey Mariah

Mariah- *sigh* Jacob, what do you want?

Jacob- what's wrong wit you? Why you got an attitude?

Mariah- Jacob it's 3:00 in he morning, and I know your at the hospital with Chresanto, I know it's about him. You don't ever call me unless it's something about Chres, we don't barely text, I don't even know why I have your phone number!

Jacob- Mariah you don't understand, Chres's m------

Mariah- Jacob, shut the fuck up, I don't want nothing to do with him. He is never being honest wi----

Jacob- no Mariah, you shut the fuck up,, Chresanto is in pain, his mom died a couple hours ago, he was right, you are selfish, you only think about ya damn self.

Mariah- *silent*

Jacob- exactly, I will be at your house in 20 minutes, please be ready, I will text you when I am outside

Then I hung up

Samariah-

I didn't even get to really know her, she was a nice woman, I liked her.

They were right I was being selfish, I was being a botch and I wasn't thinking about nobody but my damn self.

I sat in bed and cried, how could I treat him like that?

20 minutes later

Jacob- I'm outside

Me- okay

I snuck out the back door since my aunt Kendra slept upstairs her room was close to mine and she could her what happened downstairs because she always left her vent open. After I put on my jacket and shoes and stuffed my bed a little to make it seem like I was in bed, I walked to the car and got in,

"I'm sorry Jacob"

I said he turned and looked at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Me and Jacob were closer then you might think we was, so were me and Ray. He kissed me all the time, but never on the lips or forehead, I wouldn't let him do that.

"You really shouldn't be telling me that Mami, Chresanto is the one that deserves an apology. Not me"

I nodded.

10 minutes later

Chresanto-

He stared in my face for about two minutes, I was beginning to get annoyed.

"I'm your son okay? I look just like you. You left before I was born so you wouldn't have even known she had me, my mom wasn't no hoe, she was only with you, after she had me she

didn't get married"

He nodded.

"I'm sorry, Chresanto, for everything, you can leave with me of you want to, I leave near your house"

He said.

I nodded,

"Your my only option anyway, I only have aunts,uncles, and cousins here,and they live farther away"

"Well don't worry about that because from now on I will be here fo----"

What the fuck is she she doing here?

I pushed past him and walked to here,

"Why are you here?"

"To talk to you! I'm sorry Chres, I was being selfish"

I shaked my head.

I looked behind her and there stood Jacob,

"Nigga, you told her to come here?"

I asked him, he hung his head low,

That's how I knew he did.

Ray wasn't even and option, I know that nigga wouldn't do nothing like this.

He supposed to be my bro and he do this.

I wanted to have time with my family, not her.

"You know what, I don't have time for this"

I walked away,

She grabbed my hand but I pulled it away,

She walked way too, pushing past Jacob, who was just standing there in the hall,

My dad tried to talk to me,but I pushed him away too.

He just gave up and went back into the room, I knew he would get stares.

Only my two aunts knew him, and they didn't like him from what I heard ever since I was little.

Samariah-

I can't take this hit anymore, it tried, I did.

He is just so difficult, but I realize I can't get caught pup on just one person.

I walked out of the building, Im definitely not walking home, I just have to wait for Jacob I guess.

I sat down on a bench.

I started crying, everything was okay a couple weeks ago,why did this have to happen?

"Chresanto, I'm s-sorry, I'm s-orry about your mom, I'm sorry about everything"

I said to my self, or so I thought.

But I wasn't.

"It's okay, I just wanted to hear you say sorry, Mariah, I was hurt!"

He said, I turned to look at him.

I shook my head,

"I was upset because you left without even telling me,