Hiding in the dark

I was with my brothers making a fire when suddenly there was a loud BOOM!!!!!!!

I ran to the dirt road to see Chelsea, Jordan, Emma, and Elisibeth. The girls were balling Jordan standing there with wide eyes at the crushed car that held are god parents.

At the hospital Hannah was yelling at the doctor when every one else cried. I sat there thinking "don't be sad, don't be mad, don't cry to late for that now!" A single tear streaming down my cheek

In one month Emma and me be six-teen and The summer will be over. we'll be in grade twelve. Then we can take care of my brothers andElisibeth. Then I can find our parents.

Clayton, Colby and Elisibeth were in bed. Emma and me were listening to Chelsea, Jordan, and Hannah talk about leaving us here to live on are own. Emma starts balling as soon as we get in are room. She ran and push the quilts out of the whey reviling a picture that me and Emma painted of are parents.

I was fuming, I quite all of this drama, I'm done. I grabbed my bow and arrows ,pack food in my old school bag my pocket knife in my hand! I kicked open the window and looked back Emma right behind me with the water and a letter for the little ones.Crying are eyes out I jump on the roof. I hear them running up the stairs. I popped the letter in the empty room and slid down the roof! in a flash we were running throw the forest. I stopped to help Emma up the tree, I hoped up myself on we climbed till we were at the middle.

EMMA POV.

I asked Alice trying to be brave," were are we?" It came out shaky. Alice looked around and smiled wide," This is were you shot your first deer, remember?" I shake my head "no" she passes me a rope out of her bag and we raped it around the tree and us and tide a knot and we feel fast a sleep without another word.

In the morning I woke up at the bottom of the tree Alice must have carried me down. I look around,there was a small fire in front of me and a small container of meat, i eat most of it, with a sip of my water bottle to wash it down I put it back in my bag. I look around. Wait where's Alice ," ALICE, ALICE!" I yell at the top of my lungs. I heard twigs snapping and leafs crumbling in the distends. I couldn't be Alice she was graceful."Did called someone call" my blood ran cold at the sound of his voice. "Damon,What are u doing here!" I say trying to fight back tears."I heard someone calling." He walked up to me grabbing his ax "last time i saw you was the day you..........."WHACK! he fell to the ground. I stared at the motionless body.

ALICE POV.

"are you okay" I asked worriedly. she nodded slowly. "let's go before he wakes up." I puts out the fire well Emma grabbed her bow and arrows. We ran what felt like miles when Emma stopped. I looked back, " the steam not far ahead we can rest there." I said with a smile knowing she won't give up that easy.

I was right her head bolted up saying, "REST, YOU THINK IM GOING TO REST!" I smiled wide at her. she tried running but tripped and landed on her face a giggled before helping her to the stream "you bum!" she said in the middle of her limps. this causing me to laugh harder my face was red as a cherry when we got to the stream. but stopped as my eyes landed on it.

EMMA POV.

"Alice way are we hunting its dark out!" I said to Alice but she just hushed me. Alice let the arrow fly. Why did we even runaway. I saw a figure fall down. its been almost two days sins alice and me left home and she already got herself a deer! MAN she's good! Alice wrapped my ankle and gave me her coat to keep warm. I slowly drift of in to my thoughts.
-------------------------
In the morning I woke up in Alice's arms "morning sleepy head!" she said with a wide smile letting my down. I hope my leg got better I'm about to stand up when someone shakes my shoulder yelling, "GET UP, WAKE UP, EMMA, EMMA! THEY FOUND US!"
--------------------------
I jolt up out of my dream Alice trying to pull me up I get up and run a for the boys and Elisibeth. Alice yelled it, "won't be long till we hit the river!" We skidded to a stop!

ALICE POV.

I gave Emma a boost to the big rock. grabbing a hand full of rocks and split it to even piles, I throw one in and was about to throw the other one but saw two heart shaped ones and grabbed them out before I throw it in the river! with them in my hand I hop across the river and run behind a tree until I her some guy yell," THERE IN THE RIVER! then I grab Emma's wrist and run till I can see or hear the river or the police!

I set Emma down after lying a tarp down on the muddy ground of the small cave. I grabbed some twigs and leafs twirling a stick agents' the dry leafs. Suddenly light and warmth filled the cave. I grabbed some deer meat I cooked early that morning. The smell of the meat woke Emma up from her slumber. giving her a long strip she rips it in half and eats slowly. when we were done I put wood on the fire and sing myself to sleep.
-----------------------------
" Wake up my child"
"Who are you?"
"Wake up your friend needs you"
I look beside me Emma has a knife near her throat.
----------------------------
I bolt up screaming my head off! I slowly turn my head to Emma. Her blond hair still wet from midnight.
She's shivering I grab a quilt from my bag and placed is on her slowly. I grab my bow and arrows. I fling my bag on by back and run to the meadow like every morning the horses were their. one came jogging over, " hey, Sam!" I pulled some grass out of the ground and gave it to my old horse. I knew he had to leave. "the hunters will be here soon" I told the old horse and he ran after saying good bye his group left. BANG! a loud gun shot blow."EMMA" I ran to the cave passing the river I ran in to someone I thought I was dead right there!

EMMA POV.
I bolt up hearing a gun shot. I look around no Alice I panic. I put the fire out, pack every thing up when a boys run by and stop at the entrance of the cave. I hide. It's Grayson my kinder garden crush. He looks way cuter now though." Papa, jack, papa, jack are u in there??" "no, but I am." I say my voice shaky. "Emma??" I'm shocked. He remembers me? He runs in and grabs Alice's quilt. "You remember me?" I say stunned! " ya, y....you....and Alice are the p....prettiest... girls in my grade?" he muttered."you think I'm p...." I was cut of with another loud BANG!

"Alice" I thought to myself. I bolted out of the cave yelling at the top of my lungs"ALICE ALICE ALICE!' Grayson not far behind! I run in to a man with a gun. He points it at me. "papa!"

ALICE POV.

I land on some thing hard a rock i think? I look up from the ground the sun is in my eyes I can't see a thing! it blocks the sun and lends its hand out. I grab the persons wrist and he grabs mine. I know its a boy because his grip. I still can't see his face. I try getting up but he falls on me and my head hits the rock hard!" WHAAA! Your head it's bleeding I'm sorry!" He finally talks. his voice soft and safe like. He gets up and brings me with him. BANG! the gun shot encode in my ear.

I look back I hunter is coming near a limping horse, laughing he pulls out a knife"SAM!!" I yell I zoom to the engird horse. "SCRAM KID THAT'S MY HORSE!" "Papa?" He turned his attention to the boy that I bumped in to? " Jack?, My boy!" The hunter that scared her broke in to sobs. I ripped of the bottom part of my top, and wrapped it around the horses leg wound. the boy staring at me with wide eyes," Alice!" I look at him for the first time. "Jack Forrest!" "ALICE ALICE ALICE!" I open my mouth to yell back but no sound came out.

EMMA POV.

I skidded to a stop! to see Alice, sam and jack! with a fallen hunter braking in to sobs. I run to Alice helping Sam out of the knee high river. jack looks at her and me." you girls look like twins!" He sounded surprised, " Where sisters what do you aspect? us to look like we're from different family's!" The hunter got up,'' boys why did you leave your mother!" sounding mad.

ALICE POV.

Running to the meadow with the boys not far behind us. We just got to the meadow the other horses were still there. I called two over to get Sam. I screamed, that mad them leave Sam kept looking back at me I stayed there trying to fight back tears. when Sammy was out of site I let them fall. I heard a road not far ahead I bolted when my waterfall braid got stuck in a bush I took out my knife ready to cut my hair free. I eyed the little girl in the brush. she screams and I scream.

She comes out of the brush and runs she runs I chase her across the road she trips on a rock. her knees are bleeding she gets up, " I can help" I say in a whisper like voice. she hair is dirty blonde and small tiny locks with knots, Her bright blue eyes and freckles, she's about 5.1 and her clothes are a ripped and cut jeans a black top with a thin white long sleeved t-shirt and a black fluffy leathered jacket. " Who are you and what do you want with me?" she asked her voice soft and shaky at the same time. "Alice and I just want to help. what's your name?" I ask. "Bunny, Bunny May. I'm sorry I'm alone a......." she was cut off by Emma.

EMMA POV

I tear throw the under brush my bow with an arrow ready to shot.