HISTORY

I slowly proceeded towards the living room. The more I advanced, the more I hesitated. Mom said my friend was waiting. And it was a HE. So, could it be the guy? How could he come this far? In my house? I panicked more than ever.

As I went in, I saw someone sitting on the couch. A guy. Was it him? I wondered. He turned around.

To my surprise, it wasn't him. It was Trace. A sigh of relief passed through my body.

I took Trace to my room as he seemed to have come to talk about something, as I guessed. He looked a little nervous and a little shaggy about it.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"No. Everything's fine. I just wanted to talk to you about something." He replied. "I wanted to tell you at the cafe. But I just....couldn't have the courage to say it."

"What's the matter?"

Trace took a deep breath and sighed. He then reduced the distance between us and came closer. "Let's get back together, Yvene. It's a lot different without you. And I don't wanna stay like this anymore."

I was dumbfounded. What...just...happened???

"I know it's a lot to ask. But...take your time. Think about it." Trace said. "I'll wait."

I didn't know what to say. I was so confused, about everything. Why was such complicated things happening all together? At least, give a break.

"I'll think about it." I said.

Trace smiled with the same charm that once made me get a crush on him. I still can't forget those days. Our high school days. Our relationship wasn't just based on the romantic feelings. Rather it was way more than that. It was our friendship that stood much stronger than anything. That's why, even though we broke up, we still didn't give up being friends.

But now that I think about it, I know I loved loving him. I loved how we were always together. How he had always been by my side helping me up in every matter and ways supporting me. How we always had so much fun just giving each other company. I'd love to have that experience once more.

So, should I just get back with him? Or should I not?