C

1 | ONE

---

Standing alone doesn't mean I am alone. It means I am strong enough to handle things all by myself.

---

"Welcome to the iShoe Store, always your first choice. May I help you?" Tzuyu said to the customer merrily with her sweet wide grin plastered on her face.

"Uh-- yes....I need to find a shoe that would to fit with a school girl..."  The customer replied. Tzuyu nodded. "Do you know her shoe size by the way?" Tzuyu asked. The customer thought for a while before he shook his head. Tzuyu only muttered a silent 'oh' while she looking through the shoes in front of her and her hand was crossed behind her.

"Then, it can't be helped. We need to know her foot size to know which shoes will fit her."  Tzuyu replied as politely as she could because she knew it will hurt the customer's feeling. The customer scoffed. "Do you really know how to work in a shoe store? Can't you figure out her shoe size by her age or something?" The customer asked. "I'm sorry, I can't. But, I do know how to work properly." She said a little annoyed with the customer.

The customer tilted her head to the left and folded her arms around her chest. "Then why would you work here, you don't even have knowledge!" She said cynically. "Excuse me, I'm not being rude to you, but that too offended. If we can figure the size by her age, you should have figure it before you come here, I may not have knowledge but you sound like you do, so..how can you not know her shoe size?"  Tzuyu replied sarcastically. 

The customer gritted her teeth. "Well, you can just call or text her to ask the shoe size, why are you making such a big deal?" Tzuyu kept shooting her with sarcastic words and tone. "Oh crap! My daughter birthday is just tomorrow and you just make things complicated. I'm not going to come here ever again!" The middle aged woman said and left the store.

Tzuyu let out a breath that she didn't realize she was holding in. She went back to her position at the counter. She rested her hand on the counter and taking a deep breath. 'It's fine, it's just one normal customer.' She whispered to herself. Suddenly, her phone rang notified her that someone just sent a message to her. She open it immediately after looking at the sender name.

From : Senior Chung Ha

>> Tzuyu-yaa.... I can't come tonight, so can you please take my shift tonight too? I know I ask you too much, but please...will you? *pouty face*...My boyfriend ask me to a date tonight, it can't be help..he is too handsome and adorable that you can't say no...please Tzuyu-yaa...I'll treat you something deliciously next month. Okay? ;)..Thank you...mmmuahhh <3

 Tzuyu rolled her eyes at the message. It was not a first time for her though. It happens almost everyday. Even though her boss knew that Tzuyu was sometimes harsh to the customer, but this is the reason why her boss won't fire her. Although, there's a lot of report but her boss just ignore it. Tzuyu cleaned the store very well, she counted the stock really well, Tzuyu went home late everyday and she always being honest when counting the store earnings each time she came to work.

Chung Ha was her boss niece, so her boss was really owed a lot with Tzuyu. All thanks to Tzuyu. 

Tzuyu sighed and put her phone back into the drawer. She went to the staff room and grabbed the broom to swept the floor. After that, she mopped through all the store without any single tile missing out. She put back all the paraphernalia in the staff room. She stretched her body before sitting back at the counter. She looked at the calendar on the table. There's a few weeks before getting her salary. She smiled as she knew that she will get not only double nor triple but quadruple payment because she was taking Chung Ha's shift for four days already.

She stared at the date today and unforeseen, she remembered about the early customer.

"Oh crap! My daughter birthday is just tomorrow and you just make things complicated. I'm not going to come here ever again!" 

'My daughter birthday is just tomorrow' . Without her realizing, a tears dropped to her cheeks. "Tomorrow is my birthday too." She said and she held her necklace tightly. No one ever care about it. Scratch that, no one ever know about that. She lived alone. Without parents like other children. She is just eighteen. But, life has been so cruel to her. Growing up without mom and dad made her suffered in her six years secondary school. 

But, still she was standing impregnably. Telling everyone to try her, try not to mess with her. She may have no one, but she have herself that she trusted more than anything. She loved herself like there's no other things she could reached. 

Her parents died due to an accident on their way to the airport when going to work and they were killed. That time, Tzuyu was five years old and she was left with his grandmother. She grew up with her grandmother and when she was fourteen years old, her grandmother passed away and her teen life was so miserable. She had to cook for herself and almost burned the house, she had to wash her own clothes and the worst ever was she had to find a money to survive by herself.

But, that what makes her grew as a strong girl. Someone who wasn't shed a tear for just a little things. But today, she lost. After five years, for the first time, she cried. Because she missed her mother, she was longing for her father, she yearned for a glimpse of her grandmother and she felt sorrowful because she had no sibling for one another.