Another bad dream

Requested by someone on Tumblr. And sorry I haven't posted, another request has given me major writer's block but I'll figure something out :,)

Carl awoke from his sleep, sweating, crying, and panting.

Another nightmare.

It was the usual one he had, about the man who was part of the Claimers group back at Terminus.

Usually, he would be able to cry and catch his breath after a couple of minutes, but this time he couldn't.

He let out quiet sobs as he remembers what happened.

Everything in it was the same as every other night, and when it actually happened. But this time the men made his Dad, Michonne, and his boyfriend Ron watch.

He has never had Ron in any of his nightmares. Carl and Ron started to date ( well, behind everyone's backs) a little over two months ago.

Rick was also dating his mother, Jessie, so after a while the Grimes family moved in with the Anderson's.

So Carl had his own room, across from Ron's, which was a bonus.

He sat there and cried, wanting to be comforted like he did with all his nightmares. But mostly he just wanted to be held by his boyfriend.

Carl and Ron had never slept anywhere near each other before, never mind in the same bed, so Carl just sat there, not wanting to break the boundaries.

'Screw it,' He thought as he got up from his bed, wiping his tears.

He went across the hall and walked into Ron's room.

Ron was fast asleep, and since his room was pitch black, Carl couldn't see that Ron was crying in his sleep, too.

Carl quietly shut the door and locked it, so of he did end up sleeping with Ron, nobody would catch them.

He walked to the foot of his boyfriend's bed.

'Should I wake him up? Should I just lay beside him?' Carl contemplated.

He decided to just lay beside him.

Carl walked over to Ron's bed and lifted the covers, and slid into bed.

He closed his eyes, and tried to drift off to sleep, but then Ron turned over.

"Carl?" He sleepily whispered.

"U-Uh, y-yeah?"

"Why are you in my bed?"

Abort mission. Abort mission. ABORT MISSION.

"S-Sorry," Carl whispered and got up from the bed.

Ron grabbed his wrist, and sat up.

"I don't mind, just why?" He said.

Carl sniffled and crawled back into bed.

"I-I had a bad dream," He whispered, feeling embarrassed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Ron asked.

Carl shook his head.

"Just-" He hesitated.

"Just hold me. Please?"

Ron wrapped his arms around Carl and put his chin on top of his boyfriend's head. The smaller boy nuzzled his head into the crook of Ron's neck and cried.

Ron rubbed his back and stroked his hair with a, "Shhhh baby, it's okay."

Both of them laid down and tried to fall asleep.

"Will you protect me?" Carl quietly asked after a while, a little muffled because he was against Ron's chest.

Ron continued to stroke his hair.

"From what?" He replied.

"Anything."

"Of course. Now get some sleep," Ron told him and kissed his forehead.

They fell asleep in each other's arms, peacefully.

The only problem was that Carl didn't know the lock on the door didn't work, but he would in the morning.