Chapter 22: The Night

Yuuri didn't see it coming, but then again no one did. 

It was as cold as Antarctica itself, it filled Yuuri's skin with goosebumps and his blanket was not enough to shield him from the cold.  It has been a two months since Yuuri and Viktor first met in real life, both of them miss it, miss seeing each other behind their screens, so they decided to hang out during the holidays. After all, Viktor didn't live that far from Yuuri, according o Viktor at least. It was nearly three in the morning when Yuuri got the call.

He woke up and groggily grabbed his phone from the nightstand. He looked at the number and, although everything to him was a blur, he could tell that it was Viktor's number. Yuuri couldn't help but smile, "Hey Viktor, why are you up this late?"

"Yuuri!"

He sat up, realizing that it wasn't Viktor's voice he was hearing.

It was Yurio's.

"Yurio? How? Wha-"

Yurio cuts him off, "No time for questions Katsudon!"

Yurio's panic was palpable through the phone and Yuuri suddenly felt even more awake when he noticed that somthing was wrong. The night was no longer quiet and comfortable.

That atmosphere was replaced by a dark, ominous one that Yuuri had been to before.

"Yurio, what's wrong?" Yuuri asked, trying to stay calm as he listened to Yurio's odd heavy breathing, "How did you-"

"It's Viktor," Yurio took a deep breath, "He's in the hospital."