Giving

Giving, it seems simple enough, right? You would think it would be, but often it is the hardest thing that God has us to do. Before anything else I'm going to jump right into a life example.

My sister has a friend who is in Maine. They were a part of YWAM together during my sister's gap year. Said friend was supposed to move from Maine into my families household on December 31, 2016. It didn't work out that way. She didn't have the money for gas and toll booths to make it from Maine to here. I was very dismayed by this, as was the rest of my fam, especially my sis. Now, let me tell you this, the girl is a perfect stranger to me. I have never met her or even spoke a word to her before. I don't even know what she looks like. That very night, on December 31st, God made it very clear to me that I was to give to her so she could make it to Kentucky. Oh, how I knew it would hurt me to give up my paycheck. However, I knew if I gave to this girl, that God would multiply it back to me 10 fold. You know that saying, "give until it hurts?" Well. That's me with this situation. But I still gave, because let's be real, it's not mine to keep. Everything is God's and if God tells you to do something, you do it.

The way in which you give isn't just monetary. It isn't just dropping a couple of dollars in the offering plate or giving someone money. It's giving your time to someone who just needs a friend. Like John Bevere says, "you can't do life alone." It's giving your love to someone. Not everyone receives love regularly. Of course they receive it from God, but like my sister always says, love is a 3 legged stool. You have to love God (and vice versa,) love yourself, and love others (and vice versa.) If one of those is off your stool is wobbly and then what use is it? You give by pouring yourself into people in all ways. It's hard, I'm not going to lie to you. It will often seem very tiresome always pouring yourself into people. You may even begin to feel empty at times. However, you see, that's when we get back to the stool. What you pour out to people, people pour back into you. Your stool has to be stable. I suppose I should throw some scripture in here somewhere right?

Luke 6:38 says, "give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured unto you." See, there we have what you give will be given back to you. Acts 20:35 says, "in everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hardwork we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: it is more blessed to give than receive." See, even Jesus told us it's more blessed to give than receive.

Father, I just thank You for this double portion of messages You gave me today. I was able to write about exhortation and giving all in one day. Through this I am able to pour myself out to other people and I pray that if it be thine will You'll allow this little Wattpad ministry to flourish and reach many people, Father. Father, I just pray You'll be with those reading this and give them a heart that is ready and willing to give, Father. I pray that what they give You'll multiple back to them, Father. In Christ's name I pray, amen.

Addition scripture on giving:
Hebrews 13:16
Matthew 6:1-34
Philippians 4:19
Luke 14:12-14
James 4: 1, 5:20
Proverbs 11:24-25
2 Corinthians 9:7
James 1:17
James 4:17
Hebrews 13:5
Psalms 127:1-6