Chapter 14~ taken away

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" Nagisa swore, cursing his stupidity. Of course, there's no way he could've predicted what happened, but he'd let his guard down. He thought that since Karma was around, he'd be fine.

Baka.

Now, he had no idea where he was. All he recalled after Karma left were minutes of peace, until the air around him darkened with the familiar presence of a demon who'd just unmasked his bloodlust. Nagisa had realized his mistake of leaving his knife upstairs too late. Whereas Karma had always masked his bloodlust- the bloodlust that he used to have- this demon only did it for as long as necessary. Nagisa was thrown to the ground instantly.

A mess of orange hair had appeared before him. "I don't know what he sees in you," he'd grumbled, "but I intend to find out."

And his vision had collapsed. Now his temple was sore, and the dark surroundings seemed to be clouding his senses and making him more exhausted.

"Awake? Good, now you can give us some answers." A calm, powerful voice suddenly spoke up. A figure stepped out casually from the shadows, a sly grin on his face.

The same man who kidnapped him.

Strangely enough, Nagisa felt a pure, raw anger course through him. How dare this man take him away from Karma? The bloodlust that coursed through him startled him at first, and he threw the feeling aside.

"Is there a reason you took me here?" Nagisa eyed him warily, running his fingers down the thick bars that kept him locked there. His eyes strained against the lack of light.

"Why does Akabane love you so much?"

Nagisa scoffed at him. "Why would I know? Why don't you ask him?"

"I don't know how he's been treating you," the man said, stepping closer, "but he knows me enough where he wouldn't give me a truthful answer. Your demon boyfriend likes to lie, you know," Nagisa's captor taunted.

Nagisa had to refrain from rolling his eyes. "And?"

"It doesn't matter," the man continued smoothly. "Soon he'll figure out someone's taken you, but for once the powerful Akabane won't be able to do anything about it!" He laughed darkly, and Nagisa shivered.

"You can just wait here like a good little angel. Try not to get eaten!" He laughed again.

The angel clenched the bars, glaring furiously after him. Still, he knew yelling and complaining would do no good. He glanced around the dark room. His eyes started to adjust, and he was able to decipher that he was in some sort of cave. The dark feeling he'd felt was still there, if not stronger. Was he underground? It had to be more than that...

A pair of footsteps sounded. When Nagisa turned, he saw a new face. He was a tall, buff male with brown and blonde hair. "You're the angel, eh?" He grumbled. "Don't look like much."

Nagisa eyed him, wondering what to expect. "Why am I here?"

The demon laughed. "Hell if I know. Orders are orders. I could care less about you. I'm just here to make sure you don't get out. Name's Terasaka, by the way. Might as well since you'll be here awhile."

Nagisa frowned at that, but recited his name in response to be polite. He absolutely would not accept that he was stuck here for awhile. Maybe it was from spending too much time with his favorite red-haired demon, but he felt an unfathomable drive to get what he wanted. And that was to get out of wherever this prison was.

-

By now, Karma was a fuming mess. He'd searched the entire house 5 times in the last minute, gone to every possible place Nagisa might've been at least once, and even polite-ishly asked the neighbors if they'd seen Nagisa.

Nothing.

Karma uttered a curse under his breath. If only he hadn't removed the mark that bonded them. He'd overlooked the handiness of it when he'd offered to remove it, and now he was paying the price.

The demon paced back and fourth under a tree. Was there anyone who could've taken his angel?

"Looking for someone?" A deep voice interrupted Karma's pacing.

"Asano." Karma's voice was chilly, but he kept an unamused, dark smile as he stepped over to the other demon, forcing a mask of nonchalance.

The orange-haired demon was smirking, his stance casual. All demons were liars. "And I thought you adjusted so well to demonhood. You even surpassed me." He shook his head with mock disappointment.

Karma's fists clenched, but he kept his composure. "So it was you. I should've known." He ignored the previous remark.

"Is your prey becoming a distraction?"

In a sudden motion, Karma swiftly kicked Asano to the ground. He smiled down pleasantly at him.
"What did you do with Nagi-" he caught himself. "my angel?"

"Nagi?" Asano mused, unaffected. "Nice name. Too bad you won't ever get to call him that again."

Karma growled, his control weakening. His eyes darkened and flashed with anger. "Asano fucking tell me," he gave a demonic laugh. "Or you're gonna get it."

The orange-haired demon escaped from under Karma's foot in mere seconds, and smiled slightly while standing a few feet away.
"Come back home then, Akabane. I'm sure the one who turned you would love to see how badly you screwed up!"

For a second, Karma's anger wasn't visible. His eyes were wide with shock. Then his expression hardened. "You're keeping my angel there? Around him?"

Asano scoffed at his disgusted tone. "If you have a problem, why don't you come retrieve your poor, helpless angel? Satan probably hasn't detected him yet."

Karma narrowed his eyes. Asano was up to something, he was sure of it. Kidnapping Nagisa had probably been influenced by his cousin, but what was in it for the orange-haired demon? Karma knew him well-enough where he wouldn't help someone out just for the kindness. Demons didn't know kindness, especially Asano. And the demon was clever enough to catch his own prey, even an angel if he wanted it badly enough.

Something was horribly unsettling here.

-=+=-

God I feel overly tired...

Tell me what you thought, my lovely readers <3

Lexy