Horrible People

•NOBODY POV•
Amelia was paged to trauma 1. She walked in to see a screaming little girl. Owen and Alex were trying to calm her and get her to lay down.

"Scarlett, age 2. Fell down the stairs. She lives in a foster home." Owen said when he noticed his wife peer in. Amelia's heart clenched at the poor little girl. She decided to try and calm her.

"Scarlett, honey. My name's Amelia. You're safe. If you do really good, I'll let you pick out a cuddly stuffed animal that only special kids get to have." Amelia said calmly and softly.

The little girl looked at the nice doctor, and was comforted by her. Big men are scary, but this doctor looked safe. She stopped kicking and hitting all the scary nurses and doctors and tried to pronounce the nice woman's name.

"Am...Amea...Mewia.." The little girl almost whispered.

"Hi Scarlett." Amelia said, smiling at the girl.

"I cawed." Scarlett whimpered. Everyone in the room looked confused, but Amelia understood exactly what the little girl was trying to say. She was scared.

"You don't have to be scared. We're all here to help you, and you're in a safe place. I'm not going to leave, okay?" Amelia promised. Scarlett nodded. The door opened, revealing a teenager, holding a yellow blanket.

"Miss, I'm going to need you to step out

"Miss, I'm going to need you to step out." Owen said nicely, when he noticed Scarlett clutching Amelia's arm and trying to hide her face. She was shaking and breathing heavily.

"I'm sorry, doctor. I'm Scarlett's foster sister. I thought she'd want her blankie." The girl said, handing it to Amelia and leaving.

"Is se sill he-ue?" Scarlett asked.

"No, honey. She's gone. But she brought you something." Amelia said. Scarlett revealed her face again and clutched the blanket, holding onto it for dear life. She wouldn't let Alex or Owen get anywhere near her. If they tried, she would scream and cry.

"Mewia?" Scarlett asked.

"Yeah?" Amelia asked.

"Can ou ay wif me?" Scarlett asked.

"I'm going to look at your head super duper quick, and then I promise I will." Amelia promised. She went to talk to Owen and Alex. "I think we should get Robbins and Kepner. She must be scared of men. Obviously it's her foster family, especially the foster dad." Amelia whispered to Owen. He nodded and paged the female doctors.

Amelia quickly checked Scarlett's head, which was clear, and sat behind the girl. Amelia pulled her on her lap and held her close. Scarlett sat sideways and hid her face in Amelia's neck, hugging her blankie to her chest and sucking her thumb.

April and Arizona came in, and Scarlett tensed up and started shaking.

"Hey, it's okay. These nice doctors are my friends, and they just want to help you and take care of you." Amelia said, tucking some of the girl's hair behind her tiny ear. Amelia felt a slight nod.