Chapter Five - Victoria

Ten nights has passed since King Henry drew the white flag and I have seen my mate. My wolf whines constantly with the lingering memories of the creme and milky wolf running from us. Only one encounter with that wolf and we are acting like love sick fools. My heart races every time I think of his fur between my hands. The shocks of pleasure shooting through my hand, enough pleasure to submit to my male. She runs circles in my head, not understanding how our mate ran from us. There is not an answer I can give her, I do not know either.

The horses neighs towards the inner town. The sun warms my legs shining in from the top of the carriage. I prefer the moon over the sun; the moon is where I first meet my wolf. That is where we are at our strongest. My wolf purrs at the power the moon gives us.

The Golden Gate in rumbles as the carriage rolls over. Our peace made with the Vatican is in ruins because of Alpha Henry, oh how I loathe him. My male could not possibly be from that ruthless pack. His eyes shined with love and serenity not hatred like the horrid Alpha. Amelia sits beside me in her white dress with pink flowers decorating the torso with a giant smile. My father is across of me with the same wrinkles, as always, on his forehead. He is always so stressed. "Father could I ask you a question about mating?" His eyes snap to mine, inquisitively.

"Victoria of course." His hands cross at his knees with a slight frown on his face. Amelia snickers at our Father's lack of interest.

"When I meet my mate will he be an Alpha?" The dominance my male produced prove he is either an Alpha or of Alpha blood. My heart swells with pride at how our mate could protect us from any danger that my Father always complain about. My wolf pumps her chest proudly at our powerful male.

He clears his throat with a cough. "He would. A lesser wolf would not be able to take on the roll of an Alpha."

My wolf rumbles, she knows we would except our mate no matter his role on society. But we know without a shadow of a doubt our wolf does have Alpha blood. His presence was too commanding to be otherwise. "Does King Henry have a son?" A growl slips from my Father's lips at the mention of the dreadful Alpha. I would rather my mate not be of his linage.

"No." He concludes telling me the conversation is over. My wolf growls, feeling perturb at our Alpha. Amelia grabs my hand, calming the growl, she can always send a tranquil notion to my wolf. I rub my cheek against her hand, inhaling her scent. She smiles, happy to help her indignant sister wolf. Our Father battles with his wolf on teaching me a lesson in mannerism. "There are things you do not understand. You will learn them when you come of age."

I turn my head to the window, looking out at the trees. The air is transiting from humid long nights to chilly long days. As a wolf we do not typically get cold, or any sickness, our human skin is made to protect. Even when you are your most vulnerable the beast within will always shield their human. It is the balance of our magic-filled world. I would not have it any different. I love my wolf and the power she produces, it is enthralling. Being in my natural state is therapeutic, it is the only time where I am not judged.

The horses neigh, halting from our ride. "We have arrived, Sire." The horseman announces, opening the carriage door for us. He takes my hand and I slip through the door and down the steps. I rub my cheek against his, blood rushes to his cheeks.

"Thank you Princess." The town is busy full of people, werewolves. All watching their future Queen greet a lesser wolf, they angle their necks, submission. They are proud of me as I am them.

I greet each of them with rubbing cheeks and smiles. My wolf imprints each of their scent so we will not forget them. Amelia hangs onto my dress, showing them her missing teeth. Laughter takes place in the village, everyone is happy. My father presence sucks up everybody's laughs. He walks to a lady holding a basket full of red and green linens. Her body shakes, refusing to look her Alpha in the face.