Just a little Hogwarts Christmas

I stood by the window on the stairs that lead down to the Slytherin common room. Its Christmas eve so not many kids are here at Hogwarts at the moment. I had a choice this year stay here with my father or go to the manor with Draco. I choose to stay here with father. 

"Are you okay?" I heard my father ask from behind me.

"I'm fine" I said still looking out the window.

I love winter, I love the snow fall the snow flakes are beautiful.

"Don't lie to me" my father said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. Between my father and Draco i'm not sure which one knows when i'm lying the most.

"Sometimes I wish that I was a little kid again" I said slowly.

"Why is that?" he asked as he turned me around and looked into my eyes.

"I don't know I feel like i was protected more when I was younger" I said as i looked down.

"Your protected Sam" he said as he whipped a stray tear from my face.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and berried my head into the crook of his neck like I have always done. He picked me up and carried me down to his office. I felt safe from the world when ever my father was around because he was my hero has been for as long as I can remember. 

Flashback

"Daddy!" I screamed. 

"Whats wrong dear?" He asked as he ran over to my bed.

I sobbed and sobbed and he lifted me up and put me on his lap.

"Samantha please tell daddy whats wrong. Please" He plead.

I shook my head and cried harder. 

"Come on Samantha please i can't help you" He said.

"To scary" I cried.

"A nightmare?" He asked as he gently rubbed my back.

I nodded.

"What was it about can you tell daddy?" He asked.

I shook my head and placed my head on his shoulder and placed my thumb in my mouth.

"Okay" he whispered as he stood up and carried me to his desk where he was grading papers.

Flashback over

He walked into his office. 

"Sam what is wrong?" He asked as he sat down and placed me on his lap. 

I am his little girl, everyone says he doesn't have a heart but to me he has the biggest heart out of everyone i know.

"It's happening again" I whispered into the crook of his neck.

"The nightmares?" he asked slowly.

I nodded.

"how long?" he asked.

"Since last year" I whispered.

"Why didn't you tell me then Sam? I could have been giving you sleeping drought" He said.

"I thought it would stop" I mumbled.

"Some nightmares don't go away. Some are caused by fears. Sam what are you scared of?" He asked.

"The man in my dreams father" I whispered.

I felt him nodded and then take a deep breath. 

"I need to go to my potions closet and grab some sleeping drought and then i need to go and get your Christmas present." He said slowly as if he didn't want to leave.