Moriarty x Reader | Don't Jump

Description : You are about to jump off a bridge, when famous consulting criminal, James Moriarty, comes and sweeps you off your feet.
Warnings : Suicide, Self Doubt, Rape Mentioned, Swearing
Word Count : 854
|||
Wind rips through my hair as I stand on the edge. My tear stained cheeks were pale and cold. The dress I'm wearing is long and red, it hugged the top of my body, and flowed freely at the bottom.

My past was not very happy. Divorced and abusive parents, no friends, ex's who raped, cheated, and took advantage of me. No one listened. They called me a slut and a dirty whore. They said I deserved it. I am jobless, now anyways. My boss, Molly Hooper, had fired me for sleeping with her boyfriend but I didn't. He made that up to get revenge on me. For what? I wasn't sure. People seemed to start fight with me for no reason. Sometimes I feel like "Fuck with me." must be written on my face.

I'm standing up here, on this ledge, watching the world and the patterns it gives. People walk by me, see me standing on here but not doing anything. It was almost if I had already died and I'm just a ghost, reliving my death over and over. Cars passed by, honking sometimes, but never stopping.

The world acts as if I am supposed to be dead. So why not just jump.

I wipe my eyes and take off my heels, throwing them off the ledge. I push my fingers through my hair and brush off my dress. I am ready. My arms extend out from my sides, and my heart races. I take a deep breath and calm myself. Falling is just like flying, there's just a more permanent destination.

"How tragic," a voice says from behind me. I whip my head around to find the source and see a man leaning against the railing beside me. He wore a fancy suit and had dark, slicked back hair.

"A beautiful woman, taking her own life on such a beautiful evening." He continues.

"What's it to you." I push out.

"I see anger in you, a lot of it. It's a shame that energy is being used to push you over the edge instead of.."

"Instead of what." I say, wanting him to leave.

"Revenge."

"What do you mean?" I say, holding onto the metal of the bridge.

"What I mean is that instead of drowning in self pity and blah blah blah, you could actually use your anger against something useful."

I scan him up and down, he holds himself with confidence. He's definitely a business man of some sort.

"Look, if your trying to talk me out of jumping. It won't work. I'm too tired to play any more fucking games, with anyone for that matter." I say, letting go of the metal and raising my arms again.

"Sweetheart, don't jump. Please."

"You don't even know me."

"You don't know that." He says. I glance back at him and he raises an eyebrow.

"I know that if you actually wanted to jump, you would have done it by now." He chimes. I turn back to face the water and squeeze my eyes shut.

"I know that although you are tired, you don't wish for death." He walks towards me a bit, lifting a hand out to me.

"Come with me, and anyone who's ever done you wrong will pay. Jump, and they will live happy, undisturbed lives that they definitely do not deserve." I note the tad Irish accent that he has.

"If I were you, I'd go with the first option."

I stand for a moment, thinking of his request. I've never met this man before but he seemed serious. Maybe going with him could be the better option.

"Who are you." I command.

"James Moriarty. Consulting criminal. How do you do." He says.

I shut my eyes for a moment, then turn to face him completely. His hand is still out to me, and I take it. He quickly pulls me forward then latches his hands onto my waist, lifting me off the edge. He places me on the ground but doesn't let go of me, instead he pulls me closer. Very slowly, his hand travels up my back and to the back of my neck. He pulls me toward him even more until his lips are a half an inch away from mine.

"Good choice." He says. He closes the distance between us and kisses me passionately. At first I am shocked to be kissing this man who is almost a complete stranger, but it doesn't feel wrong. It feels incredibly correct actually. I kiss him back and wrap my arms around him. He pulls away and scans me up and down.

"Yes, I think this will work out perfectly."

|||

Hey!

So I've been on a fanfic writing craze lately, and I just hit 50 reads in this book so thank you so much!

I hope you liked this Moriarty reader insert, even though it was rather short.

May we meet again.

- S.W.