Chaper 6 - In The Name Of Memories

Darling looks determinately at the rowdy crowd in front of her-

"Women, STOP," she says to her tribe of Hunters, "We are sister in the cause of Artemis -we cannot argue over such petty things!"

Darlings badge gleamed proudly upon her Grecian robes, it proclaimed her high position of the leader of Artemis' Hunter.

Now, beloved leader, if your looking at this chapter rather quizzically- the Hunters' of Artemis are the group of females who fight and hunt in the lead of the Greek Goddess Artemis. To be a Hunter the female must devote her life to the cause and vow to a life without any romantic interaction to a male counterpart. Darling, you see, found the cause after leaving Ever After High and found herself almost automatically committing herself to it. Her commitment was such that it led her to the laudable position of lead huntress under the absence of  Artemis.

"There is a war awakening over the horizon and our skill is required, so they say," announced Darling, with confidence.

A girl in the crowd shouted, " Boo-Hoo! Sorry but we're not helping them Ever After folks if that's what your asking! "

"Why?" Asked Darling.

"Well Duh, they're like a rip- off version of myths!"

~*~
Raven stretched her arms and cracked her sore knuckles. She closed her black leather book and sighed. It has been 12 years since her mother's death. Raven put the book away and left the room. She stroked her hands across the walls as she walked through the cobblestone hallway. Large black metal chandeliers with 10 inch candles lit up the hallway. Spider webs could be seen at every available corner.
"I really need to get a servant fairy. Or maybe get Hunter to clean up around here." She thought. Raven looked into her prison room to find an empty stall with the door wide open.
Raven's fists clenched. "Hunter." She growled. Raven quickly yet furiously walked to the mirror room, where Hunter spends most of his time in. She swung open the door, causing it to slam itself into the wall.

"Hunter! I had one job for you!" Raven screamed. Hunter spun around and nervously smiled.

"Raven, befo-"

"No! Your very close to be thrown out! I give you everything and you can't follow a single command?" Raven screamed.

Hunter tried to talk but couldn't find any words to say.  "Lock him up." She said.

"Raven, that's inhumane, he didn't do anything! At least let him have something after being torn away from his own happily ever after." Hunter pleaded.

Raven locked her eyes on Hunter. "Now listen very well. And make sure you get this straight- there are no happily ever afters!"Raven said, her throat clogged up and eyes began to redden. Raven then slammed the door; leaving Hunter in a difficult situation.

~*~

"Where hexactly are we going?" Duchess said with her honky voice.

"Were trying to go to Wonderland. We need to get Maddie." Daring said.

"Why Maddie?" Duchess said scrunching her nose.

"If we're trying to defeat Raven, we need her soft spot."

"Has anyone even heard from Maddie since Ever After High?"

"Well after all of stories stories went to play, Maddie disappeared when she was done with the 'Alistair in Wonderland' story "

Cerise scrunched her nose and said quietly, "We're not alone..." She continued sniffing before shouting, "Make yourself known- Alistair."

"Alistair?"

"Alistair? What the hec-"

A man steps forward, he has rough blonde hair in unruly locks that reach his shoulders. He has a roughly cut beard that define his "Angelina Jolie" cheekbones.
One wouldn't have been able to recognize him as the Alistair they knew from Ever After High of it wasn't the sheer shine of curiosity in his bright azure eyes.

Alistair smiles nervously, his sleeves are rolled up and he wears denim patch with a patch work deign sewn onto it, with materials from all around the world- from a sequined tulle from the Indus to Plaid from Scotland, Silk from China and a plethora more.

"I heard of all that is happening and I'm helping," he said in his British accent, "Especially for Maddie."

At saying Maddie's name he looks down, rubbing his eyes quickly.

"I've travelled the world; from North to South like my mother and I while I loved it my heart wasn't truly dedicated to it, do you wanna know why? Because after the events in Wonderland I really did feel myself falling, falling, but you know who for? Maddie," he cries, drops of tears streaking his face," I love her, Bunny was a high school love- something premature and untrue but Maddie; she's a positive view of life- a crazy girl with a look of optimism in every stride she takes and she needs our help."

Rosabella smiles at Alistair sympathetically, "Don't worry friend, we'll get Maddie and make things back like how they used to be."

"Uh, thanks but no thanks hun, we have enough people." Duchess snarled.

"We need his help Duchess!" Rosabella said.

Duchess observed Alistair head to toe and put a face of sheer disgust of his ruggedness. "Look at him! What can he help with!" She rudely said. Alistair rolled his eyes at Duchess's usual unnecessary commentary.
"I think his outfit is pretty rad." Sparrow said.
"Like anyone asked for your opinion!" Duchess snapped.
"Same to you." Sparrow snapped back. Cerise put her hand on her face and pinched the bridge of her nose. Daring picked up Cerise's actions and looked over at Sparrow and Duchess fighting.
"Enough everyone!" He yelled.
The two of them stopped instantly and looked like deer in headlights. "Now, Alistair you said you wanted to help correct?" Daring said. "Yes." Alistair firmly said. "Well we do need one thing." Rosabella peeped in. "We need you to take us to Wonderland."

"Of course." Alistair nodded.
"So do we go through the Well of Wonder?" Cerise asked. "I know an easier way. I don't want us bumping into a curious Kitty if you know what I mean." Alistair nervously chuckled.

~*~
Hunter ran his hand through his hair.
"What to do, what to do..." he said. Hunter looked around the dark room that was only illuminated by Raven's enchanted mirror.  He spotted a thick brown book and pulled it off the shelf.
"Fairytales of The World" it read.
Hunter flipped through the pages and noticed familiar stories. He stopped on a story called "Beauty and The Beast."

"Some beast I live with." Hunter chuckled.

Hunter stared at a picture of a dark rugged beast and a beautiful lady who held his paw. Hunter shot up. He threw the book on the table and scrambled out of the room.
He needed to tame a beast.

"The memory of the righteous is a blessing, but the name of the wicked will rot."
~Proverbs 10:7

~*~
Hey guys me and wildplants- deeply apologize for not updating in forever after! We had some personal stuff going on and we're happy to say that the book is not on hiatus anymore! XD

(I also added a little verse that I thought was relevant to the book hehehhurhur ~LogicallyLulu)